logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WmH  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2007 11:30:24 AM(UTC)
WmH

First, Tim, congrats on release of the ViaCAD modeler. I am an EI user and this modeler is like a godsend. For those of us accustomed to (the) ACUS problems/exceptions involved in running the EIM solids modeler module, ViaCAD's robust and forgiving toolset seems like heaven. Too many of my design decisions had become based on what wouldn't raise (acus) errors in EIM. There are a couple (somewhat obscure) tools I miss, and I have had to get used to the "concepts way" of doing things (which caused me some pain initially). I think it will open a huge market of people who will buy it as a supplementary modeling tool and also students/hobbyists who want a drafting/modeling tool (the fact that it imports google sketch up models is a key feature there (as the the superb FACT export to EI users))

Now after the prerequisite accolades, on to the bug;-)
One of the "tips of the day" lists shift-scroll button (assuming a MMB) as dynamic pan. That does not seem to work on my box (G5 W/OS X Build 771) nor does it seem to be documented anywhere else.
I know that space LMB will also pan, however no mouse software (nor Wacom's tablet drivers) will allow for spacebar modified mouse-clicks. (allowed click modifiers are sft, ctl, opt, and cmd) The pan via shift-MMB would be a huge benefit and allow view navigation (zoom, orbit pan) to be set on multi button mice without requiring your other hand constantly at the keyboard