logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tb13  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 3:13:21 PM(UTC)
tb13

I have a problem using the architectural tools in Viacad V6 on a Mac. When I draw walls with windows and doors and than use the model to sheet command in the sheet view walls, doors etc. are not drawn. Only the dimensions can be seen and printed. When I draw other lines on the same layers than the walls these lines etc. are visible in the sheet view. What am I doing wrong.

I tried the same with Viacad 6 Pro demo on a Mac and with Shark 5.5 LT an a Windows computer and the result is always the same.

Anybody any suggestions?
go3d  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 6:41:52 PM(UTC)
go3d

Select the Window>Concept Explorer from the top menu bar, then select the layers tab and make other layers visible by clicking in the box to the left of each layer name. Hope this helps. :)
tb13  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 28, 2010 12:19:52 AM(UTC)
tb13

No, that doesn't work. Than I see the walls and other stuff I've drawn in the model area, but not on the sheet. It's just walls I don't see in the sheet area. All other things like lines etc. can be seen. And the lines are on the same layer than the walls.
go3d  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 28, 2010 4:33:11 AM(UTC)
go3d

OK...I reckon that model to sheet does not work for these wall tools but there is a manual way. I just tried it out and it works.
A few steps involved, but it does not take long once you get the hang of it.

(1) Create floor plan drawing
(2) File>Import...a drawing template .vc3 file from applications/viacad/templates/modeltosheet.
(I find it easiest to keep drawing and template positioned separate and not on top of each other at this stage)
(3) Select & delete existing draw views on imported template.
(4) Create a new draw view on the template. (the icon is next to model to sheet on icon tear off)
(5) Default draw view is FRONT... so select draw view and click on small rectangle in top left of draw view and select change view and change it to TOP.
(6) Repeat step (5) but this time pick properties and then change the scale to what you want the view to be.
(6) Select your floor plan drawing and Edit>Copy
(7) Select the draw view and Edit>Paste

Let me know how you get on.
tb13  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 28, 2010 5:41:55 AM(UTC)
tb13

With this way I can copy the walls, but the next problem is that (at least with viacad 6) it doesn't copy the doors and windows and the corners of the walls are not drawn correctly.
go3d  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 28, 2010 6:13:27 AM(UTC)
go3d

Think I missed a step out...but we are learning this together OK?

Before copy/paste of the floor plan do the following...

Select all your floor plan then Edit>Change Object Type...
Select Lines then hit OK.
Then copy/paste the floor plan into the draw view.

Should now work.
tb13  
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 28, 2010 10:29:44 AM(UTC)
tb13

Yes, now it works. Only the hatching of the wall is missing, but I think I can live with that.

Thanks.