logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tarmer  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 1:57:36 PM(UTC)
tarmer

Hi All,

I sometimes run into a situation where I have several parts/objects in my project and I need to hide all but a few of them in ViaCAD 2D/3D. I know that you can hide a part by right clicking on it and selecting hide from the popup menu. Conversely you can only show one part by selecting the appropriate popup. However, when you've selected multiple objects then right click and select show only, only the part that was under the mouse when right clicking remains visible. I've looked around the program including menus and haven't found a solution yet. Is this behavior I've described normal or do I have a bug on my hands? If there is a away to do this I'd appreciate knowing.

Thanks,
Toby
tarmer  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 2:04:12 PM(UTC)
tarmer

Found the solution. I wasn't using the show/hide tools! Kinda of cumbersome but do the job.

Toby
jdi000  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 2:07:31 PM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Hi Toby

Have you tried using the Show/Hide Toolbar. Menu --->Window --> show/hide toolbar. You can select item and hide all at once etc.

Jason
jdi000 attached the following image(s):
showhidetoolbar.jpg (35kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Windows 11, 10
mikeschn  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 5:43:31 PM(UTC)
mikeschn

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
assign your favorite show hide keys to shortcut keys. It's not so cumbersome that way!

I used b for the hide key and u for the show all. Oh yea, I used k for the show only key.

Mike...

P.S. Oh yea, those keys stand for "blank", "unblank all" and "unblank only"!
ViaCAD Pro 12 on Windows; Viacad Pro 14 on Mac
tarmer  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 9:19:22 PM(UTC)
tarmer

Thanks all. Mike I've assigned keys to change to some of the views, however, I did this at the system level and I'm not sure how to assign a none menu item such as "show only" which are only in the pallet. I'm on OSX 10.5.4 if that helps.

Toby