logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
satox  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 3, 2009 6:35:00 PM(UTC)
satox

Hi,

A link to Comsol would be great (like: http://www.comsol.com/products/interfaces/bidirectional/ ), especially as they are Mac friendly. Though I am not a programmer, it seems like this would be a great way to add some serious power to Shark, and would open up the research market that currently has nowhere to go for integrated Mac CAD/CAE.

I tried to get Ashlar to investigate this several years back, but no luck. With the recent Mac push into the sciences, somebody need to make this happen! Maybe SpaceClaim (linked to ansys/algor) will go Mac soon to join it's iRhino partner?...

Thanks

ps: and I'm still hoping for the addition of T-Splines!
jlm  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 4, 2009 3:25:37 AM(UTC)
jlm

Man
France

Was thanked: 151 time(s) in 96 post(s)
Originally Posted by: satox Go to Quoted Post
Hi,
A link to Comsol would be great

The model animations are great : I can spend hours watching them.
This is true physics...
If Satox could use Comsol with Shark I would order him a few studies for cosmetic applications (droplets dispersions, dispenser fluid pumps, ...)
JL
ttrw  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 4, 2009 9:23:46 AM(UTC)
ttrw

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: satox Go to Quoted Post
Maybe SpaceClaim (linked to ansys/algor) will go Mac soon to join it's iRhino partner?...

And pigs may fly?

Seriously though, John Milne who is Spaceclaim's rep here in the United Kingdom is all for a SC Mac build, but like the rest of them (Autodesk, Dassault, et al), no one seems interested unless of course Apple claim at least 25% of market share (yes, greedy, I know. 20,000 seats isn't a lot of people/dosh to these guys :rolleyes: ).
ttrw  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 4, 2009 9:30:01 AM(UTC)
ttrw

FWIW, Rhino is a damn good modeller (although I kinda still prefer Shark's interface). Obviously McNeel Associates thought that 20,000 seats was worth paying attention to! :D
satox  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 4, 2009 4:26:46 PM(UTC)
satox

It's just crazy that no one wants to fill this void! Why not be the only company to provide Mac software, and take the whole Mac market?

The creative world is Mac dominated, and the sciences are slowly becoming Mac heavy. And I read that Macs are now the most popular computers on campus (who wouldn't want to grab them young and lock them into "your way").

Yes, Macs account for a small percentage of the total market (which includes dummy terminals at call centers, teens who care nothing for IP, and so on), but it is the most valuable part!

-Satox

ps: and NX 6 for Mac is vaporware...
ttrw  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 4, 2009 7:14:11 PM(UTC)
ttrw

Apparently the main reason for NX 6 being vapourware is more to do with M$ Office rather than anything else :(

It's nice also to meet someone else who is as passionate about their platform as I am :D