logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
segal.arye  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2009 8:43:58 AM(UTC)
segal.arye

WGH

Dear Tim and forum members,

I've already posted the problem a few months ago, regarding ViaCAD 2D/3D, but it didn't seemed to get solved. :( I was thinking about upgrading to ViaCAD PRO just to get this thing to work, but even that don't seem to help the problem, since I've downloaded the trial edition of ViaCAD Pro and the problem even applys there! :(

The problem is as follows: I've subtracted a triangular-helical shape I've created from a cylinder (creating a thread, basically), and am trying to render that using the "Model to Sheet" tool. It doesn't matter which rendering configuration I choose, the model simply won't render and the program crashes every time I try to use the "Model to Sheet" tool!

I'm running all this on a new computer (a few months old) and have upgraded to the latest video and motherboard drivers. That didn't seem to help it even with the slightest bit.

God, I'm having nightmares from this thing! Hehe... :) It just won't seem to render anything helical...

I'd REALLY like your help, guys! I'm really lost... :(

Yours greatly and looking forward to hearing from you,

Arye Segal.

P.S: I've attached the file I'm talking about. It was created today, using ViaCAD PRO V. 6 Trail Edition.

P.S. 2: BTW, I currently own a license for ViaCAD 2D/3D, where, believe it or not, the problem is even worse! In ViaCAD 2D/3D, when I try to revolve the triangluar shape around the helical axis I've created for it, the screen and shapes get all messed up and won't even display correctly, let alone render the way it should! Here, have a look at the thread I've a few months ago: http://forum.punchcad.com/showthread.php?t=2498 . There you can observe what I'm talking about. Fortunately, in ViaCAD Pro, I at least manage to get the shapes revolved and subtracted properly and the display remains stable, but, as mentioned above, when I try to use the "Model to Sheet" tool ,everything fails and program suddenly crashes...

Thanks A TON (!) once again, guys! I appreciate any kind of help/comment...

Yours greatly and looking forward to hearing from you,

Arye Segal.
File Attachment(s):
model.vcp (447kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Tim Olson  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2009 10:27:54 AM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 499 time(s) in 353 post(s)
Arye

What build and platform are you on? Its ok in the current code stream but seem to recall fixing this issue.

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
segal.arye  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2009 11:07:44 AM(UTC)
segal.arye

WGH

Dear Tim,

Thanks for the fast reply! :)

I'm currently running the ViaCAD Pro Trial @ Build 852, and my full ViaCAD 2D/3D license @ Build 852 also. My platform is Windows XP SP 3.

I remember you've sent me a patch before to upgrade the build version of my VC 2D/3D license to build 852, but even after doing so it didn't helped much -- things remained the same...

Thanks a ton for helping me!

Arye.
segal.arye  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2009 8:01:30 AM(UTC)
segal.arye

WGH

Tim,

Found something? :(

Arye.