logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tup48  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 14, 2010 3:42:42 PM(UTC)
Tup48

Hi All;
First let me introduce my self. My name is Richard and I live in Northern NY. For the last few years I have been using or should I say trying to use TC Deluxe V15 and then V16. Most of the time I would end up drawling what ever I needed the old fashion way, with pencil and paper. Then someone told me about ViaCAD. I downloaded the trial version and I had a good look at it and knew that it was for me. I got V-6 Pro and within a day or two I was doing things that I could only dream about with TC.

Now for my questions:
1. Is there an easy way to set the Work Plane to a new surface? I usually get it there but it takes me some time and I forget how I did it. Where I was having a hard time was at the bottom of the Recesses A & B and the Face C.

2. When I printed this part out in the normal way it printed all of the hidden lines. Is there I way to print it the way you see it here?

Any help that you can give me will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks,
Richard
File Attachment(s):
Block.bmp (1,142kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
misterrogers  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 14, 2010 7:51:38 PM(UTC)
misterrogers

If you're asking how to get the work plane set to a particular normal, then I also asked this question and it's pretty simple. All you do is mouse-hover over the exact spot and cycle with the "c" key until the work-plane arrows line up to the direction you wish. It's a life-saver imho.

sorry if this does not answer your question.
jdi000  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 14, 2010 7:54:57 PM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tup48 Go to Quoted Post
Hi All;
First let me introduce my self. My name is Richard and I live in Northern NY. For the last few years I have been using or should I say trying to use TC Deluxe V15 and then V16. Most of the time I would end up drawling what ever I needed the old fashion way, with pencil and paper. Then someone told me about ViaCAD. I downloaded the trial version and I had a good look at it and knew that it was for me. I got V-6 Pro and within a day or two I was doing things that I could only dream about with TC.

Now for my questions:
1. Is there an easy way to set the Work Plane to a new surface? I usually get it there but it takes me some time and I forget how I did it. Where I was having a hard time was at the bottom of the Recesses A & B and the Face C.

2. When I printed this part out in the normal way it printed all of the hidden lines. Is there I way to print it the way you see it here?

Any help that you can give me will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks,
Richard

Hi Richard

Welcome!

1. Yes you can set a work plane with the workplane --> 3 point command use the center of the small hole, then the quadrant points for the last 2 point. And remember you can create a work plane and then goto workplane --> new work plane and chnage the name and save then you can always go back to the saved plane by workplane --> user.

you can also set a workplane quickly by using the c key after a snap point activates by moving cursor over it keep hitting the c key and it will toggle between workplanes at that snap point

2. Change 3d model to not display hidden and then print, you can also create a single draw view in the top view copy and paste part in view. rt click on the red box at top left of view and pick iso view you want, rt click properties change to polylines and visible lines displayed and all other off. Then you can rt click little box again and flatten view then you will have a view without hidden lines you can print with.

Try out and ask more questions.

Regards

Jason
File Attachment(s):
sample1.vc3 (65kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Windows 11, 10
Tup48  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 15, 2010 11:13:43 AM(UTC)
Tup48

Thanks for the fast replies. I have printed them out and will play with it and see what happens.

Richard