logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
API  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2007 8:56:55 AM(UTC)
API

Does anyone have a drawing revision scheme that works well with CU. Some programs have a built in system for parts and assemblies. We have CU files that contain several different pieces of a mold set, an assembly. These pieces are in separate layers. Molds go thru a prototyping stage and then through final design, manufacturing (CAM) and customer revisions. We have an informal system now but are looking for a system that will carry us forward. One of the things we struggle with is when to start a new file because of the loss of history.
Any ideas are appreciated.

Patrick
NickB  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2007 11:38:25 AM(UTC)
NickB

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have a system that I have been using for years.

Everyday I do a save as with a new name / date, that way I can always go back if a file becomes corrupted, or I need an older version.

When it comes to doing major revisions, I note that rev in the file name so I end up with a name like: 10.22.07-1 release to vendor

Basically I find it much more useful to keep working on the same file, but have versions that mark different points in the process. Save As does that.
Shark FX 9 build 1143
OS X 9.5
3.6 GHz Core i7, 8GB, GTX 760 2GB

matter.cc