logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
orlandosardaro  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2007 2:47:49 PM(UTC)
orlandosardaro

Another issue still around:

We would so very much like to be able to select and manipulate multiple features in the feature tree at the same time!

I have attached an example. The one thing I need to change is the Cube right at the top of the tree, but I need to suppress all features underneath to be able to do that. This should really be improved now, it's 2007 and competition is busy!

The reason is that when I change the cube width it changes at the wrong side, so I need to look at the cube alone and do some local face modding.

Please improve the feature tree! Have us e.g.:

- drag features along the tree;
- click somewhere in the tree and 'suppress from here', make us jump into history
- select multiple features and suppress, delete etc. at once, change radii simultaniously etc.
orlandosardaro attached the following image(s):
FeatureTree.jpg (38kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Maarten den Hartog  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2007 4:09:22 AM(UTC)
Maarten den Hartog

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I will promise Tim a real TeddyBear if he implements this.
Tem  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2007 9:46:21 AM(UTC)
Tem

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I struggled with History Tree using Pro-E. More often than not it became a big barrier to my creativity and consumed hours trying to manage History Tree issues. (I hear jokes coming already). I would prefer to have associativity and constraints more than introducing a History Tree system. If the History tree could was not such a hassle as that one in Pro-E then maybe I would change my mind. Otherwise some of the suggestions sound very good.