logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jol  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2007 8:12:53 PM(UTC)
jol

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hey guys .. is it time to team up with a provider to offer Concepts Unlimited with a plug-in generate tool paths ?

We're wanting more and more to be able to 'print stuff out' in 3D. This would have to be a natural progression for Concepts !!

Rhino is doing it as is SolidWorks

I'm sure most of that technology is fairly readily available

So, what do you say guys ? Time to get into physical outputs !?
jol  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2007 8:14:05 PM(UTC)
jol

Let's hear from other Concepts users who'd like to see Concepts add such a tool !!
ALBANO  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2007 2:03:52 AM(UTC)
ALBANO

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Shure will love it! to control the toolpath paterns would be really great as it allways affects surface finish work!
Jol, could you give an example (Link) ?

ALBANO
lebeau  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 1, 2007 10:07:13 AM(UTC)
lebeau

I'm thinking of investing in Rhino to have this ability. I don't have a mill now but I would like to get one.

I agree this is a natural progression.

Mad-cam looks for Rhino looks interesting.
jol  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 1, 2007 1:45:08 PM(UTC)
jol

An association with a tool path company like MAYKA .. for example would be brilliant. Not even any need too integrate .. as with Rhino & SolidWorks, it appears to be only a business or aesthetic connect (ie. it doesn't actually make the process any easier)
mat  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2007 2:09:28 AM(UTC)
mat

would love cu / shark fx to team up with a tool path software company - especially if we could design in our favourite cad and translate to tool paths , and use surfaces to create limits , etc . i would spend money on this as an add on - there is a revolution coming as cnc becomes more affordable and small footprint , low power consumtion , machines make it feasible for desktop/ micro manufacturing to be an extension of any design studio .........
next phase is affordable and intuiative CAM that intergrates directly with CAD - make shark FX the leading mac happy suite to run

I am pleased to have this off my chest !!! hope to get a few more enlistees , i know jol has been working in this arena - its the next step :) :)