logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mikeschn  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2008 5:10:11 PM(UTC)
mikeschn

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Does Shark FX have the really high quality realistic photos that you can get from SUPodium, or Maxwell? Can someone point me in the direction of a few really good Shark FX renderings as an example?

I'm looking for something similar to this, or better...

UserPostedImage
ViaCAD Pro 12 on Windows; Viacad Pro 14 on Mac
NickB  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2008 10:59:50 PM(UTC)
NickB

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
You might want to look at this discussion:
http://forum.punchcad.com/showthread.php?t=1346

Looks like it comes down to:
Maxwell
Luxology | Modo
Bunkspeed | hyperShot

SU Podium and a host of other programs look interesting, but all have their down side. Price being chief among them. The three listed above go from $800 to $1000.

I think a lot of people are hoping that Shark FX will get a better renderer one day, but who knows when that will be and its hard to beat a team of developers who are dedicated to that one thing rather than spread thin over several areas.
Shark FX 9 build 1143
OS X 9.5
3.6 GHz Core i7, 8GB, GTX 760 2GB

matter.cc
jol  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 12:36:50 AM(UTC)
jol

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Looks like SolidWorks just dumped LightWorks in favour of Modo's renderer

Correct me if I'm wrong
nick  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 1:50:42 AM(UTC)
nick

Hello All

Not sure they're dumping PhotoWorks or just suplementing it's functionality with a more realtime rendering solution called PhotoView 360 based on the soon to be released Modo 360.

Modo 360 seems to be very similar in workflow to HyperShot but with IMHO a much cleaner easier to understand interface, licensing will probably be more favourable too with an unlimited size render version priced somewhere below the standard Modo price as opposed to $4000 for unlimited HyperShot.

Although there doesn't seem to be any information available on Modo 360 you can get an idea of the interface from taking a look at the following First Look at PhotoView 360 by Ricky Jordan:

http://www.rickyjordan.com/2008...-look-photoview-360.html

IMO both Modo 360 and HyperShot are designed to assist with quick high quality rendering during the design process to suplement your final rendering solution as opposed to replacing it.

All the best
Nick