logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
misterrogers  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 10, 2010 4:23:36 PM(UTC)
misterrogers

When I select my 3d model for model-to-sheet, I input 0.125 for 1/8 scale which it does.

The problem I face once I get the orthogonal views on the sheet, is that when I dimension it, the dimensions are 1/8 the size.

e.g. a table top that is 400 mm wide, now shows up as 50 mm.

Obviously I can keep it at a 1:1 scale, but that wouldn't fit on the tabloid size paper.

So..... how can I scale the image down 1/8, but allow the measurements to read correctly at full-scale?

What am I doing wrong?

I'm stuck and I need to do this asap :(

Thanks!!!
jdi000  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 10, 2010 7:18:11 PM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: misterrogers Go to Quoted Post
When I select my 3d model for model-to-sheet, I input 0.125 for 1/8 scale which it does.

The problem I face once I get the orthogonal views on the sheet, is that when I dimension it, the dimensions are 1/8 the size.

e.g. a table top that is 400 mm wide, now shows up as 50 mm.

Obviously I can keep it at a 1:1 scale, but that wouldn't fit on the tabloid size paper.

So..... how can I scale the image down 1/8, but allow the measurements to read correctly at full-scale?

What am I doing wrong?

I'm stuck and I need to do this asap :(

Thanks!!!

Hi

Let the program scale when you want to print ie draw everything the way you want in or out of draw views. If you keep the draw views they will scale the dimensions for you. until you flatten them, so don't flatten then if you want to dimension them or change them they can stay as drawviews.

Print fit to page or scaled value

Remember the following

print 1:1 text and lineweight print as set
if you print 1:2 your text will be 1/2 as high and your lineweight will be half what its value is.
so your text and lineweight scale to the print setting so plan accordingly if you need a certain text height or lineweight printed.

Regards

Jason
jdi000 attached the following image(s):
pagelayout.PNG (16kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Windows 11, 10
misterrogers  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2010 8:45:05 PM(UTC)
misterrogers

Thanks Jason I should have tried that first.. common sense i've heard.. is not so common after all :)