logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Exocubic  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2007 3:14:33 PM(UTC)
Exocubic

In modo (and quite a few others) there is a command to center the selected object in the view - to "Aim" the camera at it. Very handy.

By the way, is it just me, or does C3d (and the others, too) tend to gimbal lock really REALLY easily? Or am I just misunderstanding the orbit center somehow. Seems to be at it's worst when zoomed in very close.

I'd also like to submit a request for a "Repeat Last Command" command. Rhino has it (I think it is a leftover from when it was an AutoCad plugin) and it can considerably shorten your workday. It would be sweet if a modifier key could toggle between repeating last without input and repeating last with the same parameters (like translate the same distance or rotate by the same increment). So you could just change your selection, run repeat last, and have the same variables applied to the new selection.
jol  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2007 8:01:52 PM(UTC)
jol

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
1. Zoom All ? .. Press the e key .. is this what you mean ?

2. No you're right .. there are issues !

A: http://forum.punchcad.com/showthread.php?p=1147#post1147
B: on new model - rotate centre is not reset
C: on switch model - rotate centre is as previous model (ie it's a universal setting when it should be set up per drawing)
D: new users can never find the reset rotate centre dialog .. it should be a marker you can see and move .. with a one-click shortcut to set it

The above have always made me scream.

Guys, please sit down with a power-user and iron out the workflow / reduce clicking !

Take a look at how Alias ST sets rotate centre .. rotate point is set totally dynamically relative to mouse locale hover .. no clicks required. I'm sure there are other good examples .. could be a simple right click !?

3. 'repeat last' in the contextual menu or like Illustrator's (Pasta)D for 'do it again' would be great !!
Exocubic  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2007 6:26:19 AM(UTC)
Exocubic

1. Not quite. It probably has more to do with the orbit rotation center, but I would like to be able to center the selected geometry in the view without changing the zoom level. Modo calls it "aim selected" - if that makes any sense.

2. Glad it's not just me.

3. Thanks for your vote.