logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Exocubic  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 7, 2008 6:13:05 PM(UTC)
Exocubic

I took delivery of my boxed copy of ViaCAD Pro today. On first launch, I was able to pan the view by holding shift + Middle Mouse Button on my Mighty Mouse. After installing the patch to Build 750, this no longer seems to work.

I've also noted some incorrect tooltips on the "Display" state icons at the bottom of the main toolbar - they all seem to be offset from the intended position by two icons.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for more problems.
Tim Olson  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 7, 2008 8:04:45 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 499 time(s) in 353 post(s)
>I was able to pan the view by holding shift + Middle Mouse Button on my >>Mighty Mouse. After installing the patch to Build 750, this no longer seems >>to work.

Mark

Does space left button pan?

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
Gary  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 7, 2008 11:10:04 PM(UTC)
Gary

Hello Tim:

While we are on this subject, can you look into the following:

on a mac, the manual says "control/apple mouse left button" is "rotate view via cursor"

I have never had this function. This only returns the expected control clik menu. What is the correct event? Would be nice to have a quick key/mouse combo for rotate.

Thanks,

Gary
Exocubic  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 8, 2008 3:29:48 AM(UTC)
Exocubic

Yes, the space bar does work - but I really like the flexibility to set which mouse buttons/modifier keys translate the view. FormZ allows the user to configure the mouse any way she likes. Makes dealing with multiple softwares MUCH easier. Plus, I'm just curious why this functionality was removed between my boxed version and Build 750.
ianjkirby  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 8, 2008 4:44:11 AM(UTC)
ianjkirby

Hello Gary,
On my Macbook, I get pan motion by holding down the space bar first (which puts the 'hand' cursor on screen), then hold down the mouse clicker on the trackpad (which closes the fingers of the hand cursor), and you can then pan by moving a finger on the trackpad. The order here is important - if you press the clicker first, it won't work!
To get rotation, I have to hold down the shift and control keys (any order), and then hold down the trackpad clicker and the rotate tool then becomes visible, and rotation can be done by finger movement on the trackpad.
I apologise if this sounds a bit simple, but I have found in the past that too many people assume everyone is an expert in all things. (Sort of makes one wonder why anyone asks questions then, doesn't it??) vbg!
Wollongong NSW Australia
Ian Kirby
Wollongong Australia
Gary  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 8, 2008 8:37:45 AM(UTC)
Gary

Thanks for the control/shift tip. All my documentation says control/center mouse button. Glad to have it working.

Gary