logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mark  
#21 Posted : Saturday, May 24, 2008 2:46:29 AM(UTC)
Mark

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Tim,

1. Import IGES surface (or use any previously joined nurb surfaces) and split it with infinite plane using "Split Surface" tool.
It works, but:

- After splitting IGES, single Surface Face is taken apart into individual nurb surfaces, which have to be joined back along division line into sections to be usable.
(it is doable but also time consuming and difficult since some nurb surfaces are very small and easy to miss during manual selection).

Question: Can we have "Split Surface" tool option to split into 2 separate Surface Faces, instead of breaking it up into individual nurb surfaces?

2. Import IGES surface and split it with infinite plane using "Split Surface" tool. Select and delete nurb surfaces located on one side of division line. Select all, remove links and export to IGES. Import IGES back to Shark/ViaCad and see how it looks like (jpg 2 ).

Question: Is this the way it suppose to work?

3. Import IGES surface and stitch into solid using "Stitch Solid" tool (open volume option).
It works, but:

- Can't split resulting solid with infinite plane using "Split Solid" tool (removing links does not help).
(setup and file the same as in test no:1 with only difference that first I created solid from IGES and then tried to split it)

Question: What am I doing wrong?
It is possible to split IGES surface with infinite plane (test no:1 above) but solid created from the same IGES surface sliced with the same infinite plane and in the same location doesn't want to split.

Mark

Mac OSX10.5 Shark/ViaCad
Mark attached the following image(s):
1.IGES:Joined surface split.jpg (268kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
2.Splited IGES exp to IGES.jpg (211kb) downloaded 7 time(s).
3.Split solid error.jpg (270kb) downloaded 7 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Intel iMac-20,2 | macOS Ventura 13.3.1 | SharkCAD 14 |
ZeroLengthCurve  
#22 Posted : Thursday, June 5, 2008 4:10:24 PM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 23 post(s)
ttrw wrote:
It should be worth mentioning Meshlab here too. Meshlab does pretty much the same thing as Polylab, but also works on Mac OS X (Intel), and is proper freeware ;)

What REALLY excites me is the possibility (I hope) to export from PolyCAD:

http://www.polycad.co.uk/exampl...ature_identification.htm

whatever drawings I make that I import to ViaCAD.