logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mark  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2008 9:54:36 PM(UTC)
Mark

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Tim,

As far as I understand Shark is getting new licensing policy. Shark could be installed and used on one computer only.
With CU I could install it on my desktop and laptop and use it on my laptop when I was away from my office.
With Shark release it is no longer possible.

My questions are:

Is this a mistake or new licensing policy ?

If this is new policy, are there any plans to release Shark with dongle ?

Can I still use my copy of CU4 after upgrading to Shark ?
Mark attached the following image(s):
Shark license.jpg (82kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
CU4 license.jpg (54kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Intel iMac-20,2 | macOS Ventura 13.3.1 | SharkCAD 14 |
Birger  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2008 5:34:32 AM(UTC)
Birger

Man
Norway

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I also hope this is an oversight. Keeping it as it was for CU makes sence to me.

it is also the way e.g. Adobe allows for their CS software to be installed on your desktop and your laptop at the same time so allowing you to use your most powerful tools whether you are at your desk or out travelling. After all it would be the one single person using it so unless you are a rather "split" personality i dont see the problem.

I would prefer the CU licence system to a dongle as I have a couple of dongles for other SW and it is always a pain to keep track of them when travelling and if you forget to bring it along you may look rather "lost" at that client meeting.. and dont get anything done at all.
ToreT  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2008 5:01:49 PM(UTC)
ToreT

Man
Norway

Hi,

I'm also out travelling for a couple of month and this was my question to the distributor in Europe when I bought the upgrade to Shark FX:
"is the license still so that I can install on my PC laptop and when I get home also on my Mac?"

This was the answer from
Nicholas Johnson • Cadsoft Solutions Limited:

"Yes you can install on multiple machines."
nick  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2008 2:01:17 AM(UTC)
nick

Hello All

To qualify my statement to Tore, our conversation was with reference to the laptop he is travelling with currently and his desktop PC back at the office. My intention was not to infer that he could install on lots of machines for anything but his own use.

All the best
Nick
Tim Olson  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2008 11:34:02 AM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 499 time(s) in 353 post(s)
Hi All,

Sorry for the confusion. The Shark/Shark FX end user license was mistakenly taken from the ViaCAD products. Shark/Shark FX allow multiple installs as CU. As with CU, only one copy of Shark/Shark FX can be running or accessed at any time.

We are updating the EULA now to reflect above. I will post the new EULA when its ready.
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
Claus  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2008 12:56:56 PM(UTC)
Claus

Denmark

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 27 post(s)
I installed SharkFX on my office computer, on my home computer and on my portable without problems. This is an absolute requirement for me and I think the policy is the only acceptable.

I dropped Electricimage partly because of their dongle which never seemed to be at the right place at the right time anyway and prevented spontanious work while at home or abroad.

I know people who own VERY expensive software packages who are "forced" to use cracked versions on their secondary computers. I generally find that restrictions on software use that prevents single user from working on several computers actually "justifies" software piracy.

I like your policy and hope it never changes.