logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
zumer  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2009 7:43:47 PM(UTC)
zumer

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I can't summon zebra verification or normals in win VC2D/3D build 833. I assign a short cut, but no response when I use it. I can't find a toolbar or menu directive to get them either. If a solid or surface isn't selected, I get the popup reminding me so, but nothing when one is selected. I do get draft and curvature topos, but the others won't come to the party. Any thoughts anyone? Shade options? Onboard graphics on my laptop?
jdi000  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2009 8:17:43 PM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Hi Murray

I believe that those tools are std on ViaCAD Pro and all the Shark products. They were probably left on by accident when v6 of ViaCAD was developed. They are in the verify drop down menu in the other products. They were active only by shortcut key in ViaCAD 2d/3d for quite awhile but they are now disabled.

Regards

Jason
Windows 11, 10
zumer  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2009 9:18:11 PM(UTC)
zumer

Thanks again Jason. I have an older install of VC 5 on a work PC in which they're active. That really ought to be attended to for a consumer/retail CAD. Consumer legislation here in Australia takes a dim view of leaving hints about unavailable features in a product.
Tim Olson  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2009 10:13:12 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 499 time(s) in 353 post(s)
Thanks for the heads up on this fixed in 836.

Regards

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
ZeroLengthCurve  
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2009 4:40:35 PM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Curious... if an automobile dashboard/console has plugs or fake buttons covering features not present in the DX model of a car but are present in the LX model, does Australia govern that? Here in the US, i often became annoyed that these plugs and hints were there, but in a physical product, it's possible to claim "product came from a mould"....
zumer  
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2009 8:53:23 AM(UTC)
zumer

A manufacturer or publisher has a statutory responsibility to make sure that the product is "as represented" If an indicated feature isn't there, it's a false representation. As an extreme example, it might be the single feature that convinced a consumer to buy that product, so it'd be disappointing if it wasn't there. The customer is entitled to refund, if the company refuses, the fines can be intimidating. If the blanking plugs in your example aren't marked, there's no offense except to customer tastes, but if they're stamped to indicate, say, driving lights, the lights have to be there. "Came from a mould" carries no weight here. The Competition and Consumer Commission would simply say "Change the mould...." BTW, I'm intrigued. Are you a Brit, from the spelling of "mould"?

murray
ZeroLengthCurve  
#7 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2009 4:19:11 PM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 24 post(s)
No, born in San Fran. But, i'm a non-conformist, and to torque readers now and again, i intentionally lower-case "I" to be "i" (maybe a Zen thing?), i sometimes use "colour", "honour", and "centre" and so on. US English is not preordained to be THE language, so i mix things up, either to be funny, annoying, or provacative on several fronts. Also, i can't stand hearing, "I'm sorry, DOCTOR is not in at the moment." "DOCTOR" is no diety to me, so i want to hear "THE DOCTOR", hehehe. On the other hand, i find myself saying, "Oh, while my friend was off to university..." when talking with my exchange student friends, instead of saying "at college"....

Also, at work, i refer to the commode room as "the toilet", cuz i don't go in there to bathe... I don't call it bathroom or washroom... hehhe

Plus, it's a way to sort of give recognition to other nationals. After all, i've got some 7 bloodlines running thru my veins, and i find many things to like from many cultures/countries. So, it's hard to pick sides, hehehehehe.