logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
zumer  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 11, 2008 1:15:47 AM(UTC)
zumer

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm a long-time user of TurboCAD Pro, and I've been using ViaCAD 2D/3D for a year or so too, because it'll do some things that TC won't, and it'll do some of the same things in better or simpler ways. I'm considering moving upmarket in PunchCAD product, and I'm dithering because I'm not sure whether I need the additional functions. One listed feature that bemuses me is surface booleans. I'm assuming that surface booleans will do things like blends that are normally only able to be performed on solids? When I've needed similar things done in the past I've thickened surfaces so they're available, then shelled or whatever once the modification is performed. Is that what surface booleans do, without the intermediate jiggerypokery? Further, I don't understand "lofting with guides" and "tangent cover with guides". What are these capabilities? Can someone explain them to me or point me to a demo?
One last thing - Shark LT and up do constant radius or constant setback blends. Is there a simple mechanism to compare the two results, say with a Gaussian map and back-and-forth history or concept explorer or manager?

All help welcomed, TIA
murray