logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Animedevildog  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2010 1:45:57 PM(UTC)
Animedevildog

This is something that I designed up the other day for my motorcycle. I'm someone who loves custom work done on a bike, and when it's something that the owner designa and/or builds himself, it makes it even more special.

This is my first project with ViaCAD. just under a decade ago, I was trained in the use of AutoCAD and Viz4, and caught the bug. Hopefully, my projects will get much better as i practice with this program. Maybe when the next generation of ViaCAD Pro comes out, I can get that, and by then, I'll have gained sufficient skill to really make my projects stand out.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

This is just a rough draft, mind you.

The muffler canister is four inches (inside diameter) by 12 inches, The baffles are 8 inches long and positioned so the point of the first one is 1/2 inch away from the front, and the base of the read baffle is flush with the back of the canister. The whole assembly will be constructed from an Al-Li alloy called Weldalite 049. I chose this alloy for it's strength, light weight, high heat resistance and weldability. The only portion not made from Weldalite would be the two inlet tubes, which slide over the ends of the header tubes and are to be clamped down to seal them.
This is how the the baffles are to be preforated:

UserPostedImage

Where as the total open area of the preforated portion of the baffles is greater than the open area of the muffler tube, this should result in a near zero flow restriction of the exhaust gasses, allowing the engine to exhale much better.