logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
acaad  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2007 3:59:35 PM(UTC)
acaad

Forgive me if this has been reported already. I looked briefly, but didn't see anything related to this problem.

The 'GO TO 2D/GO TO 3D' at the top of the 'Tools' dialog is reversed. It says 'GO TO 2D' when it is already in 2D mode. The tool tip correctly says 'Switch to 3D Mode!'. Similarly, when in 3D mode, the top of the Tools dialog says 'GO TO 3D'. The tool tip correctly says 'Switch to 2D mode!'.

I'll send an email to techsupport. I'm sure this has been caught by somebody.

John
Tim Olson  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2007 12:01:37 AM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 498 time(s) in 352 post(s)
acaad wrote:
Forgive me if this has been reported already. I looked briefly, but didn't see anything related to this problem.

The 'GO TO 2D/GO TO 3D' at the top of the 'Tools' dialog is reversed. It says 'GO TO 2D' when it is already in 2D mode. The tool tip correctly says 'Switch to 3D Mode!'. Similarly, when in 3D mode, the top of the Tools dialog says 'GO TO 3D'. The tool tip correctly says 'Switch to 2D mode!'.

I'll send an email to techsupport. I'm sure this has been caught by somebody.

John

John, are you using the small tool icons? We accidently had the two icons switched in the Skins folder for small icons.
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
acaad  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2007 8:12:11 AM(UTC)
acaad

Tim Olson wrote:
John, are you using the small tool icons? We accidently had the two icons switched in the Skins folder for small icons.

Hi Tim. Yes, I'm using small tool icons. I found the files 2DVia_icon.tif and 3DVia_icon.tif in the Skins/sys/Tools/32 folder. They appear to be correct (the 2D*.tif file corresponds to the 'GO TO 2D' icon, etc.) I don't see these files in the 16, 24, or 64 folders. What do I need to do?

Thank you!

John
acaad  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2007 10:45:48 AM(UTC)
acaad

Disregard, Tim. I figured it out. For anybody else using small tool icons...

In the ViaCAD v5/Skins/sys/Tools/24 folder, you must rename these files:

TOOLHDR_3DTO2D_024.bmp to TOOLHDR_2DTO3D_024.bmp
TOOLHDR_2DTO3D_024.bmp to TOOLHDR_3DTO2D_024.bmp

I moved one of the files to the Desktop and renamed it there. Then I renamed the other file in the /24 folder. Finally, I moved the file from the Desktop back to the /24 folder.

John