logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jlm  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 3, 2010 3:16:54 AM(UTC)
jlm

Man
France

Was thanked: 151 time(s) in 96 post(s)
With V7 SP1 beta 949 :

1- The angular dimension tool being selected, I cannot change the parameters in the object info dialog...

2- For a mysterious reason, some line do not attract this dimension tool : see attached simple file ---Try to set an angular dimension on the two lines. (redrawing 2 fresh lines on top works though...)

I got this issue many times yesterday.
File Attachment(s):
Bug angle dim.sfx (9kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
jlm attached the following image(s):
Capture d™©cran 2010-10-03 11.02.56.png (52kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
chipmaker2  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 10, 2010 7:50:05 PM(UTC)
chipmaker2

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Jlm
Presuming that your objects are lines and not smart polygons or some other object out of the change object properties dialog box, and that the two lines are on the "same plane" the one thing you can't do is use the angular dim tool on two lines that are joined. For example if two lines form a "V" and you have joined them with the join curve tool that's a problem. The program thinks your trying to dimension a line to it's self and doesn't want to snap to the other half of the "V".
Having said that most like cause of many problems such as this is that the lines are on a different plane albeit slightly. Good practice is to work in 2D mode or turn on the snap to plane tool if in 2D3D. Or for referencing points off plane in 3D, but creating object on a user plane, try using the snap to work plane tool.
Chuck
jlm  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 7:41:43 AM(UTC)
jlm

Man
France

Was thanked: 151 time(s) in 96 post(s)
Hi,
Point #2 is solved in b950 : I can now use the angular tool on my attached file.

Point#1 is still not working : I cannot change the inspector settings BEFORE I make an angular dimension.

JL