logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ianjkirby  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2008 5:25:34 AM(UTC)
ianjkirby

Hi all,
I just found a strange result of an operation. I drew two rectangles, and extruded them as a pair on one layer. When I then viewed them in isometric, I found that one had extruded in the +ve Z dir'n, and one in the -ve Z dir'n. At first I thought it was just me doing something odd, but then I tried to separate them so that I could translate one without moving the other (to correct the problem!). I seem unable to do this separation. Does anyone have any hints, please? Does anyone want/need to see the file? Screenshot attached, the magenta part NOT between plates is extruded in the wrong direction.
Second thing - when I did ctrl F, I discovered an entirely foreign object on my screen, albeit one which could be panned, zoomed and rotated just like it was part of my drawing. As far as I can tell, it looks like a miniature of a screen shot, but I did not make it. Screenshot attached.
Oops! I don't seem to be able to add attachments, again, hints would be helpful. Thanks.
Regards, Ian Kirby.
Wollongong NSW Australia
Ian Kirby
Wollongong Australia
ianjkirby  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2008 5:41:42 AM(UTC)
ianjkirby

Sorry, had to work out how to add attachments.
Here are the attachments referred to in my recent post. In the first, the ufo is in the top lh corner, and the magenta shape outside the two plates is the one of the pair which extruded in the "wrong" direction.
The second pic shows the ufo in smudgy detail. I woulod really appreciate some opinions about what has happened here.

Regards, Ian Kirby.
Wollongong NSW Australia

[ATTACH]519[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]520[/ATTACH]
ianjkirby attached the following image(s):
weirdo1.jpg (82kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
ufo.jpg (56kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Ian Kirby
Wollongong Australia
ttrw  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2008 8:11:30 AM(UTC)
ttrw

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi Ian :)

It looks like you've managed to upload or import some sort of image (!). Can you highlight it, then do a backspace-delete?

If that doesn't get rid of it, try opening up Concepts Explorer, highlight the ufo by clicking on it, and it should appear in the history tree. You then simply right click the highlighted object in the tree and choose delete.

Good luck! :)