logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Keith K  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2012 7:36:27 PM(UTC)
Keith K

Hello everyone,

I have written Windows Speech Recognition Macros for ViaCAD 2D/3D v8.

If you have trained a Speech Recognition Profile within Windows, and have installed the free WSRMacros.msi software from Microsoft, you may find this useful.

Included in the attachment is an edited VC3Shortcuts.ini, the WSRMacro file I created and a reference spreadsheet in .ods format

These include references to all 384 commands that are capable of having keybindings set.

With ViaCAD CLOSED:
Please familiarize yourself with the location of your current VC3Shortcuts.ini and create a backup file. You may either merge the section under and including [Voice Recognition] or replace the entire file. A Unicode compatible text editor is required. I used Notepad++, a free editor.

Please verify you have software capable of reading .ods formats.
I used Libreoffice, a free office suite.

Please familiarize yourself with your WSRMacros.msi installation and functionality after you have trained your Windows Speech Recognition Profile.

So, simply put...
Backup and replace/merge your VC3Shortcuts.ini with the included.
Copy "ViaCAD 2D-3D v8.WSRMac" to your 'documents\speech macros' folder
be running both Windows Speech Recognition Macros, and Windows Speech Recognition, with a trained profile ofcourse.
Open ViaCAD and try out some commands in the reference document.

Hope you all enjoy and find it useful. Any errors are my own. Suggestions welcome.

Keith K.
File Attachment(s):
ViaCAD to Share.zip (22kb) downloaded 9 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
zumer  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2012 7:52:18 PM(UTC)
zumer

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Keith, thanks very much for this! I've got an MSI windows tablet, and it occurred to me that tablets are the perfect candidates for voice control (although the breathless CPUs in everything except the expen$ive $am$ung and A$u$ are less so), but this one's built-in mike is worse than useless, and the others I've tried have been no improvement, but I'm still trying to find a solution. I'm looking forward to trying this. Look Ma, no hands! I had a version of TurboCAD twelve or thirteen years ago that did the vocamotion, but it was slooooooow. 386/486s make even Atoms and AMD Zacates look like they're lightspeeders.

Murray
Keith K  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2012 11:17:20 PM(UTC)
Keith K

Sounds like a nice tablet PC there Murray :)

In my experience I have found using a headset type microphone set to a sample rate of 16 Bit at 22050 Hz works quite well. Also sticking with the same mic used for training the Windows Speech Recognition yielded the best results. Having tried analog, USB and Bluetooth microphones, I am most satisfied with the results from the USB headset style.
In my understanding, any modern CPU, Atoms included, are more than sufficient to handle voice recognition well.

I hope this all works 'out of the box' for you, but if not, please know the key bindings and actual voice commands are fully editable by you, the end user. Also, if WSRMacros mentions the macro is not signed, this varies based on security settings, just sign it yourself through the WSRMacros software.

Best of luck,

Keith K
Keith K  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 4, 2012 1:39:01 AM(UTC)
Keith K

I would like to clarify, all 384 possible key binded commands are now voice activated. This was made possible due to the brilliant programming of ViaCAD that allowed Unicode key-bindings. Again, all errors in the voice macros are my own. Corrections as needed will be made ASAP. I hope this improves your productivity.

Keith K.
Keith K  
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2012 3:29:09 AM(UTC)
Keith K

I would also like to add, except for the newer commands, these macros work with version 7 as well.

If anyone has tried these, please post your experiences. Any questions will be answered to the best of my ability, and any errors found will be corrected a.s.a.p. I have test all commands I am readily capable of testing, and they are functioning fine. Also, with advances in C.P.U ability higher sampling rates may result in different recognition experiences.

Thank you for your input,

Keith K.