logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
davehultman  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2008 1:35:31 PM(UTC)
davehultman

can file be shared between Viacad 3d, and 3d Pro, or do you need to export.

Thanks
Dave
ZeroLengthCurve  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2008 3:18:57 PM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I failed in attempting this. I at first suspected it was intentionally designed in the file structure. But, then i noticed my file was HUGE, like 144MB when only days earlier with little work done, was only ~18-44 MB. But, when testing plain, simpler files did/did not work, i thought i don't know WHAT to think anymore. I tried importing the "damaged" file, too, but that, too, failed. I even tried exporting a smaller version of the file to VC version 5, and then tried to import THAT to VC6 Pro, and still, I failed. But, I'm using VCPro demo/trial, which will expire soon, and as i cannot yet afford it or Shark-anyversion, i am not going to grouse more about it... unless i win the lotto and suddenly can afford Shark commercial/full pro version, but find i still cannot import my files nor repair them.
nick  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 6:35:12 AM(UTC)
nick

Hello Dave

Files should be able to be read between ViaCAD 2D, ViaCAD 2D/3D and ViaCAD Pro on the same version. Currently ViaCAD 2D/3D is at v6 whereas all the other ViaCAD products are still at v5 so ViaCAD 2D/3D v6 files need to be exported as a previous version before they can be read in ViaCAD 2D and ViaCAD Pro.

[With regard to the problems being experienced by ZeroLengthCurve these could be related to version or not, perhaps some of the larger files could be uploaded to our ftp server and I'll take a look, please email me and I'll forward ftp account details.]

All the best
Nick