logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hadmack  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2009 3:11:38 PM(UTC)
hadmack

I need to create an assembly drawing with callouts to label each part with a BOM. When I try to use model-to-sheet I have to delete all but the perspective viewport and resize. When I use the BOM "create baloons" command the callout balloons are not large enough to hold their numbers.

Is there a better way to make a sheet with a title block, single perspective view and BOM features for printing?
hadmack  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2009 3:36:18 PM(UTC)
hadmack

To get the balloons to display properly in the viewport the trick was to set the workplane to match the view perspective being used. This all still feels very clumsy to me, I hope that there is a better way.
jdi000  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2009 6:34:42 PM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: hadmack Go to Quoted Post
I need to create an assembly drawing with callouts to label each part with a BOM. When I try to use model-to-sheet I have to delete all but the perspective viewport and resize. When I use the BOM "create baloons" command the callout balloons are not large enough to hold their numbers.

Is there a better way to make a sheet with a title block, single perspective view and BOM features for printing?

You could try to create a single draw view and copy and paste the assembly into the view on a new separate layer. Change the view to what iso you want, then scale the draw view aas needed
change to a shaded view flat phong etc and then flatten the view and you have a copy of the solid model of the parts scaled and orientated as needed , change to hidden line view and use the bom tool in the menu window --> attributes bom you can create custom bom's assign attributes to each part and it will add balloons and create the bom automatically. I usually then drag in my title block. Its eaiser to make a copy of the assembly and flatten then you can detail as needed for printing drawings, the disadvantage is the flattened view is not linked to the model anymore. You just need to print with the hidden line mode selected.

Jason
Windows 11, 10