logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
giulioandrea  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2007 9:53:02 AM(UTC)
giulioandrea

Just was wondering if it is possible to register/install a single ViaCAD lincense on more than one machine, let's say one at home and one in office.
Thanks,
G.
Tim Olson  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2007 2:57:17 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 499 time(s) in 353 post(s)
>>Just was wondering if it is possible to register/install
>>a single ViaCAD lincense on more than one machine

ViaCAD NO

Concepts 2D, Concepts 3D, Concepts Unlimited YES

Concepts uses the CSI end user license which allows for multiple installs but one copy running. However, ViaCAD 2D/3D uses the Punch end user license which is one machine.
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
Aerosplat  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2007 12:59:18 PM(UTC)
Aerosplat

Tim Olson wrote:
>>Just was wondering if it is possible to register/install
>>a single ViaCAD lincense on more than one machine

ViaCAD NO

Concepts 2D, Concepts 3D, Concepts Unlimited YES

Concepts uses the CSI end user license which allows for multiple installs but one copy running. However, ViaCAD 2D/3D uses the Punch end user license which is one machine.

Well, basically this STINKS. :mad:
I bought ViaCad a couple of weeks ago and loaded it on my home desktop PC. I fully planned to load it on my Laptop to use when on the road. I thought I bought the license to use the software. If I load it on two PC's, I can only use one at a time. Why would Punch not allow me to do this? :confused:
Tim Olson  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2007 11:36:03 AM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

>>Why would Punch not allow me to do this?

We need to stick by the wording in the current license. We're using the same end user license from the home design software for viacad which i'm told is pretty standard. This license is worded only for one machine.

This may change in the future, but for now, to install on another machine, you will need to remove the prior install.
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
giulioandrea  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2007 12:34:13 PM(UTC)
giulioandrea

can the license be installed on an external HD?
what if the computer brakes?

I say so because last year my powerbook broke. I had to change the motherboard (by myself with iFixit.com) and I discovered later that I had to re-register several applications.. since the machine was seen as different. Even the itunes songs... :-(

For other software which adopt the same paradigm there is a limit of changes allowed. I think this is not ideal but with a number of installation allowed ot could work.

Perhaps you can increase the cost by 30% and include this portability up to 2 machines... what do you think? call it volume discount?

I am now using it mostly at home with my personal computer but I wouldn't mind to be able to open and edit files also on my work machine (when obviously I am not at home)...

G.
Tim Olson  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2007 7:39:00 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

I believe the license allows a backup copy. I'm still pushing for a CSI style license.
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
ToreT  
#7 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2007 1:39:00 AM(UTC)
ToreT

Man
Norway

Hi,
I am now travelling with my PC laptop, was it possible to install on multiple machines with different operating systems? I have a license on my private Mac but sadly have to use PC for job reasons.

Tore
nick  
#8 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2007 8:19:16 AM(UTC)
nick

Hello Tore

With CU you can install on a second PC or Mac for non-simultaneous use as per licence agreement. You will however have to re-register for each computer you install upon as authorisation codes are specific per computer.

All the best
Nick
ToreT  
#9 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2007 5:00:12 PM(UTC)
ToreT

Man
Norway

I'm on holiday with my PC and cannot save on this demo version of CU. Can anybody help! If I get it right, having license for CU on my Mac I should also be able to run the program on my PC.

[email protected]
nick  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2007 3:49:06 AM(UTC)
nick

Hello Tore

To authorise your license on your laptop PC you need to launch program and when authorisation dialog appears you need to enter name, company, serial number and registration key ONLY do NOT enter any existing authorisation code. You will then see that the register now button is available, click this and complete online form and a new authorisation code will be emailed to you specific to your laptop.

You will of course need an internet connection for any of this to work.

All the best
Nick
dexter  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2008 12:20:13 PM(UTC)
dexter

I use my MacBook Pro for home and work, and created two user accounts accordingly.

After the betas have expired, I went back to my original install disc of ViaCAD and found that it is only letting one user at a time run it, and does not recognize the registration code. It used to work for all accounts on the computer - what is the correct behaviour to expect?

Thanks!