logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rockyroad_us  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2010 11:36:06 AM(UTC)
rockyroad_us

Man
United States

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Is it possible to extract the text of callout balloons in the Markup attribute? It seems that the text is labeled as text 1 in the data tab of the inspector.

I managed to extract the name but this is not what I need. Any help is appreciated.
FX 7-FXPro14-1650
MacPro 11.7.4
2x2.8GHz Quad Xeon 32GB
NVIDIA 4 K5000 4GB
Work
ZeroLengthCurve  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2010 12:40:49 PM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Possibly even better, if a relational-type of database is in there, then user-association of callouts/balloons could be made to specific parts clicked on, and to third items as alternate refs. Then, when spread-bases are made, users can slice-and dice with more relations pre-set during drawing. For drawings with many parts, this could be useful...

(SQLite is my favorite harp... If something like this is in a CAD app, it could give it a strong leg up on its competition-- provide deep access to items; let user use preferred analysis tool; keep not just the BOM names, but ALSO the numerical IDs consistent with the part, no matter what else goes on in the drawing...)
misterrogers  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2010 3:52:29 PM(UTC)
misterrogers

Not sure if either of you are suggesting this, but I'm wondering if there is a way to create a parts list of any model(s) like a spreadsheet of sorts that lists all parts with their dimensions and quantity?
rockyroad_us  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2010 6:20:57 PM(UTC)
rockyroad_us

Man
United States

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Originally Posted by: misterrogers Go to Quoted Post
Not sure if either of you are suggesting this, but I'm wondering if there is a way to create a parts list of any model(s) like a spreadsheet of sorts that lists all parts with their dimensions and quantity?

I believe this is possible. This would be done using User Defined Templates. I've only played with the quantity and the name of the part. You can play with the values of an entity as in:

CG-XCalculates the CG-X value from an entity.
CG-YCalculates the CG-Y value from an entity.
CG-ZCalculates the CG-Z value from an entity. I got this from the manual although I'm not sure what a CG value is. I'm more interested in gathering the actual text of a callout rather than the computer generated name of the callout since these two can have different strings. I could just rename the generated callout with what I have typed on the callout but that sounds like more work.:eek:
FX 7-FXPro14-1650
MacPro 11.7.4
2x2.8GHz Quad Xeon 32GB
NVIDIA 4 K5000 4GB
Work