logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
David Gross  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2007 4:45:53 PM(UTC)
David Gross

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Is there going to be a CU SP4 before the release of SharkFX.
David Gross
Dmg Design
Colgate, Wi.
jol  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2007 7:08:08 AM(UTC)
jol

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
David

I have CU 4 SP4 .. I'm not sure why it hasn't been announced officially .. most likely an oversight - or perhaps Tim is still tweaking it !?

However, I'm having graphics problems with it on my MacBook Pro

Others aren't - so it may be my particular graphics card (on first MBP)

You can get it from our NZ site or Nick's UK site

Jol
Art  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2007 3:19:33 PM(UTC)
Art

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Can we get a link? That is if it is ready.

Art
nick  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2007 4:18:38 PM(UTC)
nick

Hello All

As far as we're aware in the UK build 668 is the release version of Concepts SP4. You can download build 668 from our website using the following URL:

http://www.cadsoftsolutions.co....e/concepts/concepts.html

Just click on the logo of the product you want to download and then select download from the main menu on the right hand side.

All the best
Nick
Art  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2007 9:47:08 AM(UTC)
Art

Thanks Nick, but this can't be final. You can't select anything when you zoom in. Do you not have this problem?

Thanks,

Art
Mac/intell 10.4
jol  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2007 10:27:45 AM(UTC)
jol

Am also having selection issues on zooming right in on a line that was made when zoomed out

Quite apart from flickeriness when I pan or rotate - I don't see this in Shark

Better testing would be good before release
damiane  
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2007 4:59:23 AM(UTC)
damiane

Nick raised this problem with Tim and the team a couple of weeks ago after I raised it with him.

Damian
nick  
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2007 5:15:24 AM(UTC)
nick

Hello All

We most certainly wouldn't have updated all UK users if Build 668 was not deemed final. As per Damian's post we were made aware of zoom select issue soon after releasing to UK users and forwarded to development team. I guess it is not out of the question for this to be corrected and either re-released as SP4 or SP4a.

All the best
Nick
Art  
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2007 8:02:27 AM(UTC)
Art

Nick, I appreciate that. I mentioned this in August and got this reply from Tim:

"I think I have fixed this evening. I improved the accuracy of how selections work.

I also mentioned it in July, Tim asked for a file, and I sent a file as an example. But never received an answer.

This is why I assumed that this was not final.

Art
bmeissner  
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2007 1:21:36 PM(UTC)
bmeissner

nick wrote:
Just click on the logo of the product you want to download and then select download from the main menu on the right hand side.

Hello Nick,

thanks for offering a download site. But as an existing user (well, this doesn't go to your address but to Punch) I'd prefer an *unrequested* e-mail including a direct download link for updates to my paid software. They send me unrequested e-mails about their Veterans Day activities, Halloween sales and else… just not such important information.

Nick, you'd definitely NOT be interested in my (German) telephone and fax number, and I'm definitely not interested in repeatedly entering my personal info wherever I want to download an update (which would be necessary on your site). I once received a link from Tim (on request because of an SP3 bug) to an SP4 download on the Punch/csi website, but on 11-23-07 it was still build 664 I downloaded, same as on 10-06-07. Quite annoying, since the file name doesn't reflect the build, and I pay for my traffic…

So… Tim, Punch… don't you think an official SP4 announcement (including a direct download link) would be a very *welcome* kind of staying in contact with your users?

:-)

Bernd
bmeissner  
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2007 1:53:51 PM(UTC)
bmeissner

bmeissner wrote:
They send me unrequested e-mails about their Veterans Day activities, Halloween sales and else just not such important information.

Well, 15 minutes after having written the text above I receive the Punch newsletter giving me tips like "Easy Solutions To The Holiday Decorating Rut" or "A Clean, Cozy Home for Pets and People". Not exactly what I'd expect from one of my CAD suppliers. Instead of an SP4 download link

Bernd
nick  
#12 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2007 2:50:58 PM(UTC)
nick

Hello Bernd

Sorry but I don't publish direct links to builds in the forum as although I'm not particularly interested in the contact details for existing users I am interested in the contact details for potential users who also use the forum.

All the best
Nick

PS Check your mail for links ;)
bmeissner  
#13 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2007 4:51:11 AM(UTC)
bmeissner

nick wrote:
Sorry but I don't publish direct links to builds in the forum as although I'm not particularly interested in the contact details for existing users I am interested in the contact details for potential users who also use the forum.

Hello Nick,

thanks for the response and the mail you've sent. I definitely understand that you won't publish download links, and also see the reason to know people who are interested in the demo. That's why I asked for a mail from Punch to their existing user base. I get such mails from IronCAD, FormZ, even EIAS (which randomly forget me from time to time, though). And I appreciate it, being up to date and not having to actively check for info hidden somewhere in a forum.

Thanks again :-)
Bernd
jol  
#14 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2007 5:03:03 AM(UTC)
jol

Crazytalk Berndt ..

.. Why ever wouldn't you be interested in "Easy Solutions To The Holiday Decorating Rut" or "A Clean, Cozy Home for Pets and People"

: )

I have to agree .. somehow the mailing list that Tim has presumably passed onto them has 3 entries for me .. so I get 3 lots rubbish each time they send it out

I am interested in CAD only .. not this spam. What is going on ?
bmeissner  
#15 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2007 5:16:23 AM(UTC)
bmeissner

jol wrote:

I have to agree .. somehow the mailing list that Tim has presumably passed onto them has 3 entries for me .. so I get 3 lots rubbish each time they send it out

Hmmm you are a "Senior Member", you get 3. I'm just a "Member", and I get only 2. So I assume the demo downloaders and non-members will get only 1. You should feel honored ;-)

Bernd
David Gross  
#16 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2007 10:24:50 AM(UTC)
David Gross

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Tim

Can I reinstall CU 660 over CU 668. CU 668 has a cursor problem that I can't work with, the snaps are active all the time.
David Gross
Dmg Design
Colgate, Wi.