logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dexter  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2007 7:13:25 AM(UTC)
dexter

I'm currently trying out the Rhino demo for OS X, and I have to say, the simplicity of ViaCAD, CU, etc. is powerful.

Looking very forward to when PunchCAD's display is as smooth - it really could be a serious contender. We realize its potential, it will be great if the industry as a whole saw it, too!
Claus  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2007 1:11:42 PM(UTC)
Claus

Denmark

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 27 post(s)
I tried it too. It's a very, very early beta and it's absolutely useless at this stage, since NOTHING is implemented at this time.

However I'm sure that in time it will be a nice companion to CU (and probably to Viacad too). Competition is a good thing, and I hope that the presence of more 3d applications on the Mac will inspire developers to refine their products for this platform. I love CU for the things it does really well. All I wish for is, apart from development of the ACIS engine which is out of the hands of Tim and Co, interface, interface and interface again.

I don't think that any single application will be able to do all jobs equally well, but the right combination of 2 or 3 products will probably satisfy all your needs. Personally I find that the combination of CU and (state of the art) Maxwell Render enables me to get client accept at record time and given an extra day or two I can make final projects ready for 3d print or manufacturing. However there are situations where I need a radically different toolset, and Rhino might come handy then.

Anyway, CU (and probably Viacad) deserves more fame than it has at this time. Spread the word!

Claus
Tim Olson  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2007 11:10:33 AM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 499 time(s) in 353 post(s)
Thanks for the positive feedback!
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
jol  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2007 12:24:41 PM(UTC)
jol

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
>> "Anyway, CU (and probably Viacad) deserves more fame than it has at this time. Spread the word! "

Rhino is a branded and presented very powerfully.

In my opinion, with Concepts .. branding has never been treated with the seriousness it deserves.

Until they are, Concepts will continue to trail in mindshare