logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ZeroLengthCurve  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2009 8:49:28 PM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Hi,

I am having "tearing" with the 3D Hidden output (to paper or to PDF, but not to screen) of an assembly of 3D solids. Wireframe is fine.

I created the part in VC 2D/3D months ago because for me it was MUCH easier to do 3D in VC than in ACAD 2008. However, before going into the VC drawing i am tearing my hair(s) out changing numerous settings in ACAD 2008. I guess my next step is to do more than exploding the part in ACAD because that made things worse. I have tried HPLJ P2005, HPLJ 5000, and Konica/Minolta C353. All have the exact same problem with my drawing.

Has anyone here had a similar problem and found a solution?

i am using VC 2D/3D and VCP Pro 6, v 852.

I may have to install trial of VCP 6 and test directly from VCP to rule it out.
----

I am installing Shark 921 trial on my work machine since this is where the problem is and also so i can use the printers that are not printing correctly.

Also note: the "tearing"/"deforming" occurs whether the model is .dxf 2004/2009, .dwg 2004/2009, or ACIS Sat 17.

Thanks for reading/considering any effort toward this. Hopefully it's NOT VC 2D/3D 852. I am suspecting though, there is something ACAD is not screaming about in the conversion/import/open process.

----
Just now, I attached the "conceptual" version of the part. It's not much better. I think will have to strip the surfaces in VCP and export just the lines and test that. I'm not blaming VCP, but this is just the series of steps i'm takign so far.

---

Hmmm.. no joy. Changing the VCP file's solids to surfaces and then saving as ACAD DXF 2007 (vice 2004 & vice 2009) did not resolve the problem of printing in ACAD 2008 to 3D Hidden. Hmmm.... Still cannot yet ascertain whether the problem is in my creation methods for the drawing, or whether it is something embedded in the file that ACAD doesn't like, or what.

------
File Attachment(s):
part -3d wireframe.pdf (18kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
part plotted as 3d hidden.pdf (48kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
trolley hoist-post-to-vc-forum.vcp (22kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
conceptual.pdf (481kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
jdi000  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 24, 2009 10:28:12 AM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Hi Zlc

I exported your file to dwg2004 from VC 2d/3d 852 and loaded in DWGTrueview and it seems to print all the views as expected to pdf. See attached. I use cutepdf to create pdf's I have not seen what you posted before whne printing to pdf from dwgordxf formats

What did you use to create pdf file.

I would also try to print to the microsoft xps it should be in your printer selections.

Regards

Jason
File Attachment(s):
trolleyexporttodwgprint.zip (396kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
trolleyexport_trolley hoist-post-to-vc-forum Model (1)conceptportrait.pdf (86kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
jdi000 attached the following image(s):
zlctrolleyprintdwgtopdfconceptual.PNG (51kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Windows 11, 10