logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ZeroLengthCurve  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2014 11:23:13 AM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 22 post(s)
I have a drawing I created and am repurposing. I've stripped a number of objects as well as solids from the file.

The file has been edited and saved, compacted and saved again over several sessions.

Now, when I move some curves, there is the delayed cursor that indicates something is being moved. There are no solids associative to the curves. I cannot figure out what surfaces might be associative, and nothing in the layer is intentionally associative, nor in the branch.

The file is too huge and has too many objects to suss out the associativity object by object.

If I click on a solid, feature tree would tell me what surfaces and curves are associated. If I click on a surface or a curve, I get no information in the Features tab.

It seems that I have to create a swept solid just to try to track down these curves' "other" associativity.

(Will future versions/patches to SLT enable discover of associative or orphaned curves and surfaces?)
jol  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2014 3:36:39 PM(UTC)
jol

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Have you tried 'export'-ing out the parts you wish to keep into another file

Have you tried just copying and pasting out the parts you want into a second file ?

Sometimes 'show parents' can help you spot associations

.. Of course when connections go awry - you need to dump associations via file>remove links

There is a dev problem here - so good you've flagged it up - I often suffer it and end up dumping history periodically

Hope something there helps
zumer  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2014 3:17:33 PM(UTC)
zumer

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Concept explorer shows associations of curves. If nothing shows, there's nothing associated, either to begin with or because links have been dumped. Large files can require paging because they outrun memory. That's possibly why you're getting the delay and why 64 bit is desirable.
zumer attached the following image(s):
explorer.png (24kb) downloaded 7 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.