logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Art  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2011 11:12:06 PM(UTC)
Art

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Why is there the ugly yellow toning when I specify no background? When I specify white, it is white. But none give me the toning shown below.

Also, is there still phone support and a way to send files directly? I think I am not keeping up.

Thanks in advance,

Art

Shark FX 7 948

OSX 10.6.7
Art attached the following image(s):
Backgroundshading.jpg (10kb) downloaded 6 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
phil  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2011 1:03:38 PM(UTC)
phil

hmm... that's strange... I just set the background to white+white and it looks all-white on mine (my monitor/laptop is color calibrated). I plugged in your attached jpg file and it has a gray shading (gradient) at the top followed by all white below (no yellow). Is your monitor calibrated? Also it may be the view angle of the LCD/display - for test purposes try looking at the screen from the top-side down and also from the bottom-side up to see if the color shifts/changes. (Also plug a different or external monitor in to double-check.) Bye.
Art  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2011 1:52:03 PM(UTC)
Art

It is the toning that I am concerned about, grey or yellow, I do not know why it is there. The white background works fine for me also. Don't you thing that the "no background" setting should be all white?

Art

Shark FX
phil  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2011 2:46:20 PM(UTC)
phil

Hey there... I think I know what you mean now. I was just looking at my setup again and I can't find a "No background" setting (I have the usual Solid Color, 2 & 4 Color Gradient, Image File and a Go To 2D type.) Where should I click for a "no background" setting?
phil attached the following image(s):
background-types.JPG (73kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Art  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2011 3:03:40 PM(UTC)
Art

If you go to backgrounds in the Render Library you can drop the no background symbol on your page. This gives you the same as the default, which is what has the toning at the top of the page.

Tim, is there a setting to get rid of this?

Art

Shark FX

OSX
jol  
#6 Posted : Monday, May 2, 2011 3:06:23 PM(UTC)
jol

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Art - I've been on about this ugly gradient for many years now - his Select Mask / Ugly Gradient Complaints filter is stuck 'ON'