logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Alexander  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2009 3:29:11 AM(UTC)
Alexander

Hi

When I tried to use the Ordinate Dimension tool, I find that the dimensions only appear in one direction, i.e. on Top of an object, or to the Right of an object. If I try to dimension features that are on the Left or to the Bottom of the object, the dimension lines and the orientation of the dimension text is wrong (see RED dimensions in the diagram). Please advise as to how I can reorientate the text.

Also, if I try to move an ordinate dimension text, the entire dimension line and text shifts, giving a new reading of the new location. I want to be able to reposition only the dimension TEXT, but to have the selected dimension location unchanged.

Please advise. Thanks.

Best regards
Alexander Lau
Singapore

Mac OSX.5.7, Shark 5.5 (838)
Alexander attached the following image(s):
Ordinate Dimension.jpg (17kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
jdi000  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2009 3:52:11 AM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Hi, Alexander

First you can use the align tool to align the ordinate dimensions to top, bottom, left , right. Draw all your dimensions then move them. Activate the align tool pick the direction in the drop down box at top and hold down shift and select all the dimensions you want to align say to the left and then pick the location and they will be aligned all the same. This will handle your dimension to left and bottom issues.

Second use the deep select tool the arrow thas white beside the select tool at the tool of the tool bar. Once you click on an individual ordinate with that tool then you can move the text where you want.

Regards

Jason
Windows 11, 10
Alexander  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2009 4:03:41 AM(UTC)
Alexander

Hi Jason

Thanks for the prompt advice. I just tried it, and it worked like a charm!

Have a great weekend!

Cheers
Alex