logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
boydage  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2022 5:35:31 PM(UTC)
boydage

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Beyond just normal colors? I have been modelling for a while now, although only just decided to make something look pretty. Often I pick a render off the library to find it makes no difference to the model at all. I would say about 20% of the quite cool library will actually show on my model surfaces. Most of the time it does nothing.

So perhaps I am doing something wrong? Or my PC is not good enough?
rockyroad_us  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2022 7:44:35 AM(UTC)
rockyroad_us

Man
United States

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Maybe post a sample file and lets run it or try one's settings to compare.
FX 7-FXPro14-1650
MacPro 11.7.4
2x2.8GHz Quad Xeon 32GB
NVIDIA 4 K5000 4GB
Work
UGMENTALCASE  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2022 12:36:53 PM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 298 time(s) in 203 post(s)
It's a weird one. In v10, you would apply a material/render whatever and after a save it would show up in the normal model environment.
Even that didn't work properly. So to render you need to use the camera icon and it renders the screen, or you render to a file, it doesn't show it whilst you are spinning the model around
rockyroad_us  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2022 9:24:03 AM(UTC)
rockyroad_us

Man
United States

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Originally Posted by: UGMENTALCASE Go to Quoted Post
it doesn't show it whilst you are spinning the model around

I don't think you can spin while rendered that I'm aware. You will need to rotate first and then hit the camera icon to render. If you want to spin a model while rendered, you will need to do the walk through or fly by feature using the animation features. I have done an animation before but don't recall if the animation features render to the screen. I know it renders to a file.

FX 7-FXPro14-1650
MacPro 11.7.4
2x2.8GHz Quad Xeon 32GB
NVIDIA 4 K5000 4GB
Work
UGMENTALCASE  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2022 2:27:22 PM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 298 time(s) in 203 post(s)
No you can't but in v10 it did render wood pretty good, and it would be on all the time and you could rotate the model around whilst rendered.

Edited by user Friday, April 15, 2022 3:25:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

boydage  
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2022 4:33:11 PM(UTC)
boydage

Hi. Hey thanks for the replies. I was just looking at my colleague who has SW and the rendering was amazing. So much better than what I can acheive. I was just drawing a part that looks average. And then extruded a large flat surface to see if its a size issue.

The file attached is a gross yellow but was supposed to be a metal tread ha.

The other little part was supposed to be polished something but yeh, not pretty.

Possible someone can spot what I am doing wrong would be great instead of finding Shark is the issue. Like another bug they wont fix. Still have to change the drawing units when I import into Fusion
File Attachment(s):
Sample Render.stp (1,251kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
boydage attached the following image(s):
Render Fail.JPG (148kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
boydage  
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2022 4:37:03 PM(UTC)
boydage

And this is a Punch Forum yes? Sorry, I tried to upload a SRK file but it wont allow it. Haha
Birger  
#8 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2022 1:14:47 PM(UTC)
Birger

Man
Norway

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi, you surely can do some quite nice renders in Shark, but you maybe need to make your own materials and know where to put them inside the program native born/ or user folders for it to work. True it does not work as good as it used to as the program now quits or hangs for no reason whether you try to render something or maybe just do a simple select... big files do so easily get corrupted, getting rid of old history is sometimes working sometimes not and so on. and render times seems to be getting longer than ever..
But if you do not work with large files or too complicated geometry the basic render should work fine. Oops one late introduced recently bug in build 1592 is that software will hang if you try to edit or customise settings, no warning, no way out, - so alway keep a number of builds on your machine and never overwrite one that works.. It is so sad that Tim Olson´s old "baby" seems to be left alone to die, - it once was some of the better and capable "middleware" available, and perfect for mocking up "Concepts" which was the name of the software when I bought it..

An old "wooden" sample file enclosed here: https://www.kullmann.no/...oto/bkd-powerK22rdc.html
best of luck! Birger