logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
specktech  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2021 9:20:19 PM(UTC)
specktech

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I like drawing up arms for racing drones. And I am constantly getting gaps when using tangent's I usually start with two different diameter circles. Then connect them using tangents. I have been drawing designs like this in many other programs with no problems. Trying to do this in ViaCAD is driving me mad. Its my most expensive program that I own, And I struggle with some of the most basic procedures. I have been reading everything possible on these gaps. I can manually fix them. But what a time suck this simple task is giving me. I have the decimals set at 8 digits. Been trying all the repair gaps techniques. zooming in, manually moving the end points, trimming etc.etc. Some times I can get it. But most of the time it is really frustrating. Seems to me that a cad program is supposed to help us draw up our designs. Not just fight us along the way. If anyone out there can clue me in on what I am missing I would be so stoked. I think the gaps and the trim functions in ViaCAD are really tricky. I could just do this step in Turbocad, Moi, designspark, q-cad, or Alibre atom. Wonder if I should be using constraints. This process works so well in Alibre Atom. Just upsets me that I can't figure it out.
MPSchmied  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 6:07:45 AM(UTC)
MPSchmied

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 100 post(s)
I cant recreate your gaps-problem. Just dont believe what you see when you zoom in. There are really no gaps in the geometry, just at the screen. Do not move the endpoints, this is the wrong way.

Edited by user Thursday, June 17, 2021 6:08:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | RAM: 32 GB | Graphic: AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 | Shark FX 9 Build 1162 | Unit: mm
rockyroad_us  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 3:23:00 PM(UTC)
rockyroad_us

Man
United States

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 46 post(s)
can you post a file to figure out your gap issue? Could be just a graphics card issue..

FX 7-FXPro14-1650
MacPro 11.7.4
2x2.8GHz Quad Xeon 32GB
NVIDIA 4 K5000 4GB
Work