logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
martinwh99  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2021 12:37:17 AM(UTC)
martinwh99

Man
Switzerland

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I've been working with ViaCad 9 Pro with Powerpack and this was quite ok. Now i've changed to version 12. It crashes all the time. I do not know where to start with my problems. The snap tool does not really work correctly. If i draw an arc center, start and end is an endpoint. The points are not where i told them to be. Same with lines. Working with surfaces (two, one rail sweep, bool functions)- no way. ViaCad crashes all the time. I have not tried solids till now because i can'd get the surface stuff working. Unfortunately i've uninstalled my version 9, now i'm lost.

Does someone has similar problems or is it me who makes something wrong.

regards
Martin

Edited by user Monday, February 15, 2021 12:44:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Martin Krueger

ViaCAD ProV9, Cut2D, Cut3D
_myMill self made CNC milling-machine
thanks 1 user thanked martinwh99 for this useful post.
specktech on 5/18/2021(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2021 2:29:26 AM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 298 time(s) in 203 post(s)
Lucky for you, you didn't buy version 11. That was worse!
So my experience is V12 is as buggy as hell. I've now come to learn what crashes it and to make sure I save first. IS this right? No, however you are faced with the fact that if support can not replicate the issue, nothing gets changed/fixed.
I'm currently emailing them about a number of problems surrounding the drafting pallet. Things not working, copy and paste messing stuff up the list goes on. I believe they are fixing some stuff, I'm just waiting on a response to test it.

I think nothing is tested. The first release of V12 you couldn't resize the concept explorer is just went huge and filled the screen, that was an official release. Since then you just get BETA versions which for a piece of software which is sold the way it is, I don't think is right.
Have a look on here for Todds email address and drop him a line. You can send example files to them and see if that helps.

I had a numbering issue on the BOM. They couldn't replicate it. I sent in a video and files and strangely it worked fine when they tested it. So in that instance they couldn't repeat so nothing has changed.
thanks 2 users thanked UGMENTALCASE for this useful post.
martinwh99 on 2/15/2021(UTC), specktech on 5/18/2021(UTC)
L. Banasky  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2021 1:11:20 PM(UTC)
L. Banasky

Was thanked: 139 time(s) in 99 post(s)
Hi Martin,
Make sure you are using the latest build, Build 1572 is what
I'm using. The first 2 builds of 12 were unusable, and should
have never been released.
What I would like to see, maybe in the Gallery section, is a picture of
your CNC Mill.
Larry
thanks 1 user thanked L. Banasky for this useful post.
jlm  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2021 4:27:47 AM(UTC)
jlm

Man
France

Was thanked: 149 time(s) in 94 post(s)
Hi,

As a heavy user, I confirm V12 has amazing power and terrible bugs.

It can do very complex 3D operations in a few seconds, and crash any time for no visible reason.

It's too bad we don't get feedback from developers on this forum...

JL
thanks 2 users thanked jlm for this useful post.
Christian Hallauer on 2/20/2021(UTC), specktech on 5/18/2021(UTC)
bbuxton  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2021 7:26:09 AM(UTC)
bbuxton

Japan

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 13 post(s)
It is difficult. I would very much like to bring v10 up to date but with the loss of SubD2Nurbs from Powerpack Pro and my wariness of introducing yet more problems/bugs is not very appealing. Unlike earlier trials, v12 cannot be run at all after the trial is over. So no way to check what has been fixed/broken with later builds.
Does anyone on this forum have experience with DarCorp's AP? If it still works with v10 perhaps that is better value than upgrading to 12. The polyconic surfaces are useful and I think better than struggling with SharkCad's match surface tools.
Junior member since Concepts Unlimited V1 pre-release
thanks 1 user thanked bbuxton for this useful post.
MPSchmied  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2021 1:35:39 PM(UTC)
MPSchmied

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 100 post(s)
It seems this is the end of SharkCAD. This year no Beta for V. 13? I guess we have to wait a very long time for a better version and eternal for Multithreading and removing all slow algorithms. The Beta Sessions was always very much to short and i was everytime scared why they released a unfinished Version.
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | RAM: 32 GB | Graphic: AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 | Shark FX 9 Build 1162 | Unit: mm
thanks 1 user thanked MPSchmied for this useful post.
lightbulbjim  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2021 3:00:38 PM(UTC)
lightbulbjim

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MPSchmied Go to Quoted Post
It seems this is the end of SharkCAD. This year no Beta for V. 13? I guess we have to wait a very long time for a better version and eternal for Multithreading and removing all slow algorithms. The Beta Sessions was always very much to short and i was everytime scared why they released a unfinished Version.

2020 was a crazy year for everybody. Hopefully they bounce back.
thanks 1 user thanked lightbulbjim for this useful post.
jlm  
#8 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2021 3:10:40 AM(UTC)
jlm

Man
France

Originally Posted by: lightbulbjim Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MPSchmied Go to Quoted Post
It seems this is the end of SharkCAD. .

2020 was a crazy year for everybody. Hopefully they bounce back.

Yes, sure the will bounce forward.
I've been told that optimising part of the code for Apple M1 chip is also generating delay...
thanks 1 user thanked jlm for this useful post.
specktech  
#9 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2021 7:59:54 PM(UTC)
specktech

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I have been so unhappy. I bought the ViaCad 2d 3d v12 Then I upgraded to pro with the power pack add on. I was so excited to own this software. But the more I use it I get so upset. It really struggles to work. Constant lock up's I have been hesitant to call Todd and question him about this. But I am calling tomorrow. I really want this program to work. When it does work. It's exactly what I wanted. But these extremely inconsistent lockups are ruining my experience with ViaCad. If they could just make some updates It would so cool. Sounds like they have given up on it. Super bummed.
UGMENTALCASE  
#10 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2021 10:36:44 PM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Yeah its a real shame. I've been emailing them problem after problem, they are probably sick of hearing from me.
They've just stopped responding now. Haven't heard anything for about 3 or 4 weeks.
I felt like I had to force them into fixing stuff. Having emailed them saying, seriously now, come on. People need this to work!
thanks 2 users thanked UGMENTALCASE for this useful post.
GARLIC on 5/18/2021(UTC), specktech on 5/18/2021(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2021 11:17:13 AM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: specktech Go to Quoted Post
I have been so unhappy. I bought the ViaCad 2d 3d v12 Then I upgraded to pro with the power pack add on. I was so excited to own this software. But the more I use it I get so upset. It really struggles to work. Constant lock up's I have been hesitant to call Todd and question him about this. But I am calling tomorrow. I really want this program to work. When it does work. It's exactly what I wanted. But these extremely inconsistent lockups are ruining my experience with ViaCad. If they could just make some updates It would so cool. Sounds like they have given up on it. Super bummed.

Think they offer a money back service.
thanks 1 user thanked UGMENTALCASE for this useful post.
JohannesH  
#12 Posted : Saturday, May 22, 2021 11:06:38 PM(UTC)
JohannesH

Now even Help/ViaCAD User Guide (Web) does not work any more.
Since a few days that gives the HTTP error: 404 Not Found!

What is going on there?
Regards
Johannes
MPSchmied  
#13 Posted : Sunday, May 23, 2021 6:19:58 AM(UTC)
MPSchmied

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 100 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JohannesH Go to Quoted Post
Now even Help/ViaCAD User Guide (Web)

In SharkCAD are all Tutorials and Help offline available. The Content is saved on the Harddrive in the Program-Folder.
I have no idea how this in ViaCad is, but you can use much Online Help-Content here: http://www.masterviacad.com/tutorials/page3.html
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | RAM: 32 GB | Graphic: AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 | Shark FX 9 Build 1162 | Unit: mm
thanks 1 user thanked MPSchmied for this useful post.
specktech on 2/1/2023(UTC)
vicoz2009  
#14 Posted : Monday, October 4, 2021 7:28:42 AM(UTC)
vicoz2009

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have build 1572, PRo 12 with powerpack and are having the following issues - please comment so that I know that it is just me or otherwise:
  • Copy or cut and paste does not work and just gives that error sound. I have to unselect the object, select again, copy, then paste to another layer.
  • Performing an 'Add Solid' or 'Subtract Solid' sometimes creates a duplicate of each individual objects that was selected. Sometimes it works ok.
  • When I click a layer in concept explorer, sometimes I need to click it twice, like I have to activate the focus on it first. I do not remember this happening from before.
  • Using the push/pull tool turns a solid into a wireframe. Usually I have to pull it to a large enough distance value then push it back to the smaller shifted position.

thanks
thanks 1 user thanked vicoz2009 for this useful post.
jlm  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 5, 2021 2:48:50 AM(UTC)
jlm

Man
France

Originally Posted by: vicoz2009 Go to Quoted Post
I have build 1572, PRo 12 with powerpack and are having the following issues - please comment so that I know that it is just me or otherwise:
  • Copy or cut and paste does not work and just gives that error sound. I have to unselect the object, select again, copy, then paste to another layer.
  • Performing an 'Add Solid' or 'Subtract Solid' sometimes creates a duplicate of each individual objects that was selected. Sometimes it works ok.
  • When I click a layer in concept explorer, sometimes I need to click it twice, like I have to activate the focus on it first. I do not remember this happening from before.
  • Using the push/pull tool turns a solid into a wireframe. Usually I have to pull it to a large enough distance value then push it back to the smaller shifted position.

thanks

Hello Vicoz,
I have a large collection of Shark bugs, but none of yours in my list...
Could they be machine specific?
I'm on a Mac - OS 11.5.2

Thanks,

JLM
thanks 1 user thanked jlm for this useful post.
UGMENTALCASE  
#16 Posted : Thursday, October 7, 2021 9:37:17 AM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: vicoz2009 Go to Quoted Post

thanks

Yep I've had all these things. Reported most of it, got ignored.
I'd download the latest build, links on this forum somewhere. The double clicking in the concept explorer is very irritating! It still happens now, happens when you try and add a layer as well.

The extra solids were an issue some time ago, I've not had it happen recently, so the new builds may have resolved it.
I find that the more complicated the model gets, and the more parts you have the more the bugs happen
thanks 1 user thanked UGMENTALCASE for this useful post.