logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
leonp  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 11:58:06 PM(UTC)
leonp

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Recently I upgraded to version 12 of shark pro because I had to replace my mac & it would be running Mac OS Catalina.
I had been running V10 of shark pro without a problem & didn't think to check for problems with this new version.

My problem is that I normally am able to use the tool pallet by clicking one of the pallet buttons which would open up
with a group (such as the line tool pallet) & I would be able to run the cursor along the pallet to choose the right tool ...
V12 doesn't allow this!! After clicking the required tool pallet button, I need to pull the pallet that opens off the tool pallet
so I can choose the tool I need. Why?? For the last 10-12 years, it has always worked one way which was efficient & helped
to get the job quickly. Now it doesn't ... Why??

This is the first where I am using V12. Really hoping there isn't any other bugs.

Now if there is some setting that can correct this .... please tell me. The build I am running is #1536 ... is there an update
which solves this problem??
magicart  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 2:50:34 AM(UTC)
magicart

Man
Poland

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 39 post(s)
Hello leonp,

it seems everything work correctly in build 1536 on mac - I can unroll every button's pallette by clicking. Try to reinstall shark or use the icon in the left upper corner - directly under apple icon.

Magicart
leonp  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 8:24:56 PM(UTC)
leonp

Hello Magicart ... Thanks you for the reply ... I am glad it is working for you BUT it isn't for it. I have tried to re-install V12 doesn't make any difference ... I have even installed shark pro V10 which I upgraded from & it doesn't do it either. Is there some hidden setting which stop this from functioning?

[img=/Users/leonprucha/Desktop/Screen Recording of problem.mov]example of the problem ...[/img]

In the past ... I would be able to click & hold a button in the tool pallet where upon the button would open up with all the tools in the family of tools. While continuing to press the button your mouse you could move the cursor along the group of tools whichever tool was under the cursor would highlight in blue ... releasing the button on the mouse would choose the highlighted tool & you could do what you needed. Now you can't!! Anyone know why????
File Attachment(s):
problem2.mov (1,852kb) downloaded 8 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
leonp  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 10:12:27 PM(UTC)
leonp

Hello ... Looks like a problem with the new MacBook pro 16" laptops ... there have been problems occurring when they are plugged into external displays.
While I have read about other problems ... my specific problem is when the external display is plugged in the problem I describe below occurs ... there is also the
problem of the sharifs information bar at the top of the screen not being positioned correctly either. Again this only occurs when an external display is plugged in.

If I find out more I will post the information for anyone having this problem.
thanks 1 user thanked leonp for this useful post.
magicart on 6/29/2020(UTC)
leonp  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2020 4:32:07 PM(UTC)
leonp

Hello ... I have looking into this problem further & have talked to apple as well. Basically this problem only occurs when an external monitor is plugged in.
I have tested other graphics programs like shark pro which have the same type tool pallets which open up a family of tools for the user to choose from &
they have been working without problem.

I have observed that the problem is effected by how you arrange the 2 screens in relation to each other in the OS ... if the laptop screen is positioned on top
of the external screen, the problem goes away. If arranged another way, the tool selection problem occurs.

Basically the problem seems to be a problem from the window coordinates when doing a mouse over event selection in extended screen mode. This is something
that hasn't occurred when using my 15" MacBook pro.

it would be nice if one of the developers would fix this problem as I am sure that I am not the only user with this problem.

Edited by user Monday, August 24, 2020 4:32:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: attachment wasn't added

leonp attached the following image(s):
Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 8.08.22 am.png (484kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
posh.de  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2020 8:41:13 AM(UTC)
posh.de

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 36 post(s)
an ol' one surely mentioned somewhere here in the forums already... negative screen coordinates caused by a multi-monitor setup with an external monitor logically placed left or below the main monitor can yield to problems with e.g. the controls of the GUI (toolbars/palettes), i.e. don't try this at home.
POSH GmbH
www.posh.de
leonp  
#7 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2020 6:54:27 PM(UTC)
leonp

Originally Posted by: posh.de Go to Quoted Post
an ol' one surely mentioned somewhere here in the forums already... negative screen coordinates caused by a multi-monitor setup with an external monitor logically placed left or below the main monitor can yield to problems with e.g. the controls of the GUI (toolbars/palettes), i.e. don't try this at home.

Hello posh.de ... yes I have been told this BUT ever since I changed to my 16 inch MacBook pro, the ONLY WAY to get the tool pallets TO WORK is to place the external monitor below the laptop screen, as shown in my last message. I have tested other programs which have tool pallets which function in the same way on my 16 inch MacBook pro & they function correctly. I know this is a problem from how shark functions on this new 16 inch MacBook pro because it didn't happen on the old 15 inch MacBook pro. I have been using this program for more than 10 years & sure I would love to locate the external on either the left or right of the m ain screen BUT it is the only location where the tool pallet works ... this position does add other problems though too.

Also as I have upgraded to v12 ... it is not cheap but I have had to go back to shark pro v10 because it functioned better.

It would be nice if someone could fix this