logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
carsten  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 11:28:47 AM(UTC)
carsten

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hello, everybody,
i have a short question that confronts me with a big problem. i am currently using Shark Cad 10 with Power Pack Pro 10. for a steel work i am drawing an entrance gate in 2D. Here I have to determine a cutting list / part list for the lengths of single bars. So I only need simple lines in the drawing from which I need the length per object calculated and then output in a BOM. Now I found out that this works well with the cut list as long as the objects are drawn in fixed 90/180/270 degree angles to the coordinate system. But as soon as I draw a line for example in 45 degrees or another angle these lengths are no longer correct. It is even worse with curved lines here I get no lengths of the parts at all.
My question is whether there is any way to create a parts list that gives me the length of single lines and composite lines?
Is there anyone here who can help me with this problem? Thanks a lot in advance! Sunny greetings
Carsten

Edited by user Saturday, January 18, 2020 2:06:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

carsten attached the following image(s):
Screenshot_2020-01-16_06-26-42_PM.png (479kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
MPSchmied  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2020 5:18:52 AM(UTC)
MPSchmied

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 100 post(s)
you can add dimensions or you can verify length and writing the values per hand in the cut list. But Punch CAD will not do this automatically in a cutlist in the right way. Also not when you use the new tool for defining the lenght direction.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 21, 2020 5:23:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | RAM: 32 GB | Graphic: AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 | Shark FX 9 Build 1162 | Unit: mm
thanks 1 user thanked MPSchmied for this useful post.
carsten on 1/27/2020(UTC)
carsten  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2020 9:30:22 AM(UTC)
carsten

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Thanks @MPSchmied! Looks like i have a lot of trouble with that CAD system as all the things i wanted to do with it alway lead me into a oneway road. Messuraing everything from hand does not make so much sense as this drawing ist far more complex than the part that is shown here. But i checked a little bit around and got a way to use the perimeter BOM value to get the length i needed. But it was not realy intuitive :-)
See we both are from germany - so nice to know that i'm not the only person using Sharkcad here in the country.
greets
carsten