logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
joev  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2009 9:59:06 AM(UTC)
joev

ViaCAD 5 Build 750. I'm working on a very small model and have to round edges using .002 and .001" settings. On occasion when a complicated edge is rounded, an adjoining face disappears. Is the face really gone or is it a bad screen representation. When I rotate the model the face is still missing. Also, after getting an edge to round with the .001 increment, a strange polygon appears across the top of the model. I undo the rounding attempt and try another increment. I have managed to get the edges rounded so it all has worked out. The reason for this small rounding is for animation purposes, although the part is tiny, the camera will be zooming very close.
Tim Olson  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2009 10:32:16 AM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 499 time(s) in 353 post(s)
Hi Joe

Can you send me the file?

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
joev  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 15, 2009 7:17:20 PM(UTC)
joev

Hi Tim,

The file is huge with the history attached, over 100 Megs. I can drop the history but then you wouldn't be able to alter the blends settings I used to see the artifacts I mentioned. I did leave out that the blending problem happened when I was trying to blend after a boolean subtraction, of a screw thread. Yeah, I know I should be happy it worked! And I am.
Tim Olson  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2009 8:11:34 AM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 499 time(s) in 353 post(s)
Originally Posted by: joev Go to Quoted Post
Hi Tim,

The file is huge with the history attached, over 100 Megs. I can drop the history but then you wouldn't be able to alter the blends settings I used to see the artifacts I mentioned. I did leave out that the blending problem happened when I was trying to blend after a boolean subtraction, of a screw thread. Yeah, I know I should be happy it worked! And I am.

Ok. If the face was missing, it may be related to faceting normals. Try changing the facet settings to see if it comes back.

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
joev  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2009 8:23:38 AM(UTC)
joev

Here is a screen cap of the missing faces. I haven't been able to duplicate the "extra" polygon appearance, it seems to be related to the sequence of the blending attempts.

http://www.blasscom.com/missing.png