logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jors  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 10:39:15 PM(UTC)
jors

I am not in front of my laptop but lying in bed with my Android phone so I am now relying on memory.
When I press the button on right side to make the 2D drawing from a 3D drawing, in the block at the bottom the word inches appears, although I work in metric (mm). Can I change that somewhere or can I only change the word mannully with an external pdf editor?
jors  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2011 12:42:33 AM(UTC)
jors

I am referring to the model to sheet function.
On the 2D sheet, in the box just below 'Unless otherwise specified', the words 'Dimensions in inches' appears.
I want to change the word inches to millimeter.
ianjkirby  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2011 5:45:53 AM(UTC)
ianjkirby

Hi Johan,
In the main application folder there is a "Templates" folder which contains the blank 2D and Model-to-Sheet drawing sheets in various sizes (A0, A1, A2, A3, A4, etc). I believe these may be edited to alter things like margins, title blocks, and headings within.
Try this for a change to one drawing;
Open sheet view, and in concepts explorer, select 'title block' as layer to draw on;
Select line of text to modify, and delete it.
Using Alpha tool, type new text.
Using inspector, modify text size, style, etc.
Move text to where you want it.

I am not sure how to alter the *.srk file (layouts) permanently.
There may be an easier way to do this, but I don't know of one. If someone else does, I would be pleased to know it.

Regards, Ian.
Ian Kirby
Wollongong Australia
ianjkirby  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2011 6:01:28 AM(UTC)
ianjkirby

Oops, found something myself!!

As before, open model to sheet, select 'Title Block' as drawing layer,
Select line of text "Dimensions in Inches", and change Inches to mm in the data entry box above the drawing area.

Regards, Ian.
Ian Kirby
Wollongong Australia
jors  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2011 11:09:55 PM(UTC)
jors

Thanks for the guidance. I will play around with it. I will try to save my own template if I can.
I will mostly draw on A4 pages only as I am only drawing model parts and tools I design. If I should go bigger, I have to finalize the plan before I ask somebody to commercially print it for me at cost. Unless you can break the printing up in several A4 pages go be put gogether again to form the whole.
Now to figure out how to able go do one plan on several pages, like page 3 of 4 pages should I stay on A4. The one plan I am working on will ask quite a lot of Instructional text next to each drawing.
Mmmmh..... Need some thinking.:)