logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bmeissner  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 24, 2009 8:24:09 AM(UTC)
bmeissner

Hi Tim (I guess this goes to your address),

I've been searching for a place where I can find Information about current versions of my software. Shouldn't the "News and announcements" forum be a place for this? Sure, in Shark FX I can use the "current version" command, which leads me to a (predefined where?) website. But in my case this leads to the most current German version. So far, so good, but in some cases I might prefer to install a *more* current English version, if available, for whatever reason.

Would it be possible to create a concise list of available versions, including a text file about the current fixes or added features? Something like a version history, informing me if I *need* to get an update or I might skip it? A *sticky* entry in the Announcements forum, which is updated whenever updates become available? I really don't want to be forced to use the forum search using keyworks like "version" or else, just to find forum entries spread over the "Beta" or "General" forums.

On a quick look I'm not even able to find out, if Shark FX 5.5.x is a free update/upgrade for my currently installed 5.0.x version. I guess it is, because that's what I find using the application update search, but it would be nice if this information could be found here in a prominent place :)

Bernd
Tim Olson  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 11:04:33 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 499 time(s) in 353 post(s)
Hi Bernd,

We should have some new links shortly for build 831 for Shark products. We sent out 830 links last week to test. We will post here in the forum first, then provide to the web guys for the web updater.

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
posh.de  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 26, 2009 7:58:59 AM(UTC)
posh.de

Germany

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bmeissner Go to Quoted Post
On a quick look I'm not even able to find out, if Shark FX 5.5.x is a free update/upgrade for my currently installed 5.0.x version.

[URL="http://www.posh.de/cms/Shark-5.5-deutsche-Version.htm"]Concerning News[/URL]

following some maybe helpful links:

[URL="http://www.posh.de/cms/index.php?option=com_versions"]Current Release Versions[/URL]

[URL="http://www.posh.de/cms/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=30&Itemid=236"]Download[/URL]

Norbert
bmeissner  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 26, 2009 9:18:39 AM(UTC)
bmeissner

Originally Posted by: posh.de Go to Quoted Post
following some maybe helpful links:

Hi Norbert,

thanks. Vorbildlich :-)

Anyway, although the Posh site is more or less what I was searching for, I think it wouldn't be too much of an effort, to establish a version history page, including download links and information about the fixes and enhancements. I mean, HERE, where Shark/ViaCad etc. have their origin.

For a working example, you could look e.g. at the FormZ patches download page. I mean, even Autodesk offers older and current downloads including the respective information. Would help licensed users of older versions too, once they inadvertently trashed their installer files. Anyway, wouldn't do any damage, I think.

Bernd