logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ianjkirby  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2009 4:57:46 PM(UTC)
ianjkirby

Hi,
A friend of mine who has purchased VC6 has 'discovered' that the trim region tool seems to not work in the expected way. I have tried, and confirm his findings.
If one draws a random circle, then a straight line intersecting the circle twice, clicking outside the circle does not trim the lines to the circle as expected. If one clicks inside the circle, in either region defined by the line, the correct trim occurs. I tried several variations of this, and in each case, clicking outside the circle did nothing. My friend had actually drawn a line from the centre, and circular arrayed that to create spokes, which extended beyond the circle. He was unable to region trim the spokes back to the circle. I know he could/should have drawn the line to the correct length originally, but its the behaviour of the tool I wish to ask about. Can anyone confirm that this is a possible bug, please?
Regards, Ian.
Ian Kirby
Wollongong Australia
zumer  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2009 7:19:09 AM(UTC)
zumer

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm not finding that with PC build 852, Ian.
Steve.M  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2009 9:05:45 AM(UTC)
Steve.M

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Ian,

The Region trim tool is for use on closed regions, so lines outside the circle will not trim. Instead of drawing lines, draw diagonal polygons, then you will see how the tool should work.

- Steve