logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Birger  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2007 2:01:17 PM(UTC)
Birger

Man
Norway

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
It seems there is an issue with maybe feet/inches and metric systems . or maybe something else?

On export of a drawing window (or flattened "sheet 2D") fonts get to be much larger when you look at the dwg file created. (Check with e.g. "eDrawings from Solidworks").
So much changed they are that every file has to be opened in autocad (or equivalent) and then you have to redo the font size for each and every line.

Now - thats a lot of lost productivity (and wasted hours) for you !
I know very well that autocad has its "quirks" on the issue of fonts. But it seems not to matter much what font type you use, and changing to another one of acads "native" ones does not solve the problem either.

Please look into this as this makes working in 3D and getting 2D drawing out to the customers much less of a joy than it should be.....

CU4-build660-OSX (and yes is Autocad running fine in "parallells" and XP).
Birger  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2007 3:04:01 AM(UTC)
Birger

Man
Norway

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Any feedback on this issue ?

I dontthink it is "proper" to have to use other software just to get 3D results down to 2D dwg/dxf and out to files to clients.

Currently I think the dwg/dxf issue, or metric/inches issue, or what ever it might be, is a real "turnoff" for what is in many ways an excellent software package.

With the "silence" from others in the user community on this matter, - can we conclude there is either very very few actually using Concepts Unlimited, or the user base is mainly "hobbyists"?

Sorry about the nagging, but this is taking years to improve on... too slow in my opinion...and there is software costing much less than CU out there that does not have this problem...

--------------------------------
CU4-build660-v3-OSX-10.4.9
jlm  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2007 7:38:30 AM(UTC)
jlm

Man
France

Was thanked: 150 time(s) in 95 post(s)
Birger wrote:

With the "silence" from others in the user community on this matter, - can we conclude there is either very very few actually using Concepts Unlimited, or the user base is mainly "hobbyists"?

Hello Birger,
As many other on this forum, I use CU professionally.
The thing is : everybody works differently...
On my side, I never use DXF or DWG for exports : only 3D (SAT, STP, IGS) and pdf for 2D.
Though I understand it can drive someone mad to have to resize text and dimensions.
Inches / metric bugs have always been sticking to this soft. Sometimes solved, and back again at the next update (i.e : hatch spacing still in inches today).
JL