logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
david.  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 9, 2014 10:21:53 AM(UTC)
david.

I have issues when viewing multiple viewports in VC Pro 9. See the attached image. I'm using the Navigation model from the Tutorials. The example shows the 3 view viewport layout that only the Isometric view displays correctly. Also, when I move the mouse cursor when the select tool active, it displays artifacts in the Top and Front views but not in the Isometric view. I haven't tried other tools. Resizing views also creates artifacts. This feature is totally unusable.

As shown in my sig line: VC Pro 9 build 1109 on Win 8.1. My video card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti. Am I the only one that has this issue?
david. attached the following image(s):
ViaCADPro-9-Viewport-Issue-01.jpg (92kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Win 8.1
ViaCAD Pro 9.0.0 build 1109
kevjon  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 11, 2014 4:04:54 PM(UTC)
kevjon

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I've found that when working in ViaCAD 8 & 9 it works best in a single viewport so I have learnt the shortcut keys to flip views such as front, left, top etc.

I have had lots of issues with multiple viewports going screwy and flickering, artefacts etc. Objects become slow to manipulate and update. It needs more work on the part of the Punch Team.

I'm also pretty certain that after a while of working with multiple viewports it causes all the fonts in the dialog boxes of the program to become bold. I have to restart the program to get the fonts back to normal.
david.  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2014 10:05:40 AM(UTC)
david.

Alright, I understand what you're saying. Thanks for the info.
Win 8.1
ViaCAD Pro 9.0.0 build 1109