logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ZeroLengthCurve  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2022 9:23:12 PM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Hi,

I actually had this problem around 2 or 3 months ago. I wish I wrote down how I previously resolved it. The problem is in a SharkCAD Pro v12 file, and even when I export to v12, even after compacting wnd resolving links beforehand, the problem travels.

The problem:

I invoke/call up the straight line, spline, circle, whatever, and only the helper or guidelines jitter into view. The desired geometry doesn't reveal itself until I finish. [Delete: or escape the operation.]

But, in a brand new file, in the same instance of Shark, the draw tools for lines, splines, circles, etc behaves as normal.

See attached video.

Steps to try to figure it out:

I've gone through the menu of anything that looks like it can affect the curves being drawn. I've looked at the Gripper and Snaps, and still, I am failing.

I resolved it before, so I am perplexed as to how I figured it out in minutes wheras tonight I burned over a half hour trying.

Thanks for any input.

Edited by user Monday, November 28, 2022 10:49:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ZeroLengthCurve  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2022 9:29:12 PM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

(The server, using ms .net, mus REALLY dislike Firefox, or perhaps my firewall. Burned the past 20 minutes trying to upload mp4 images. One is ~6 mb, the other ~7 mb. I tried just the 7mb mp4.)

Anyway...

So, just imagine picking a spline draw tool, left-clicking, moving the mouse pointer to some arbitrary location, left-clicking again, repeating til you think you've got enough, all the while, no presentation of the spline happens until you (add: complete the operation.) [Delete: hit escape or right-click to break out of the tool.]

Edited by user Monday, November 28, 2022 10:50:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ZeroLengthCurve  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2022 10:59:59 PM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Hmmm

I found TWO ways to resolve the issue.

1. Factory reset all pages un preferences. HIGHLY undesirable. Nothing i edited resolved the problem. Nuking the settings means resetting options and repositioning dialogue boxes (at least they werent nuked), meaning jot down the settings beforehand. For some reason, nothing in Environment subfiles changed to today's date.

2. Import some random piece of geometry.

— Then, draw a test circle or spline, then delete after confirming the geometry draws like it's supposed to.

— Then, undo enough to remove the imported geometry.

— Then, redraw new circles or splines to again confirm the geometry creation behaves.

— Save the file under a new name, close it, close Shark, reopen the file.

The I couldn't remember nbr 2 is because this workaround/hack is SO bizarre that I must have figured I'd never forget. But, after 2+ months w/o incident, I DID forget. I got lucky tonight.