logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
boydage  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2021 7:48:43 PM(UTC)
boydage

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I find SharkCad often locks up. If I dont save my work every 10min I lose it all. Quite an unstable program really. Does anyone know how to set an auto save or auto backup?

Also I have no idea what this is talking about when it asks to resolve links. Can someone please tell me what links are in solid modelling? And then how to resolve them?

I guess knowing this information will be to advantage. But I get this error message when I try to save sometimes.

Thanks in advance
bbuxton  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2021 10:46:18 PM(UTC)
bbuxton

Japan

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 13 post(s)
The "resolve links" is for associativity.
So if you create a spline and extrude it is still linked to the spline. If you later change the spline the extrusion should update.
Some operations will break this and others may need you to update the link between the spline and extrusion - resolve link.
This is perhaps one of SharkCad's most important features but it does come with a performance cost.

Junior member since Concepts Unlimited V1 pre-release
MaiFy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2021 10:05:47 PM(UTC)
MaiFy

Australia

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Hi Boydage.
Different versions have different features, but this is how I set mine.
👍
MaiFy attached the following image(s):
Backup-and-preferences.jpg (111kb) downloaded 24 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
boydage  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2022 10:18:33 PM(UTC)
boydage

Thanks for that reply.
boydage  
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2022 2:32:26 AM(UTC)
boydage

I do have another question though about modelling. I find that when I am designing an assembly. That at times I will use the "align" tool to, well, align components inside the design.

But that, creates issues later if I want to move the component I aligned in the past. Often it wont move properly with the gripper. Often it (the previously aligned component) is unpredictable. Is there a way to use one of these commands only once and not have it stick? Know what I mean?

I find, with Shark, that I am always realigning things. The only way I can keep my drawing safe from corruption is to "lock" parts.
boydage  
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2022 2:34:57 AM(UTC)
boydage

Another question, say I create 20 or so spline points in a line. This to drill a series of holes at proper spacing. Is there a way to select all of these points in one hit to drill multiple holes? Currently its several steps per hole.
MPSchmied  
#7 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2022 6:54:51 AM(UTC)
MPSchmied

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 100 post(s)
Originally Posted by: boydage Go to Quoted Post
I do have another question though about modelling. I find that when I am designing an assembly. That at times I will use the "align" tool to, well, align components inside the design.

But that, creates issues later if I want to move the component I aligned in the past. Often it wont move properly with the gripper. Often it (the previously aligned component) is unpredictable. Is there a way to use one of these commands only once and not have it stick? Know what I mean?

I find, with Shark, that I am always realigning things. The only way I can keep my drawing safe from corruption is to "lock" parts.

The Assembling Tools works only when he History woll be deleted. Select all and remove Links or Clear the history woth File> Compact

Originally Posted by: boydage Go to Quoted Post
Another question, say I create 20 or so spline points in a line. This to drill a series of holes at proper spacing. Is there a way to select all of these points in one hit to drill multiple holes? Currently its several steps per hole.

The Pattern Feature with the Option "Copy to Locations" make this a little bit faster, but you have to select every point, and sometimes it works not and i dont know why.

Please open new threads for your questions in future. Talking about this in such a old thread is not the right way.

Edited by user Saturday, June 11, 2022 6:55:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | RAM: 32 GB | Graphic: AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 | Shark FX 9 Build 1162 | Unit: mm