logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bbuxton  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2021 7:07:08 AM(UTC)
bbuxton

Japan

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Edit: Unpacking resulted in OS security excluding some content. This was not obvious and there were no warnings/notifications.
PDF is still preferable to HTML and would not have produced this issue. Also, it is a problem that video content and CAD files are accessed online. These would be better delivered as local files.
Issues aside the training material is very good.

It is not a pdf which would be the format most users would want. It is a lot of disparate HTML files.
It is not organised as claimed on the Punchcad site, the index.html contains no links just a jpeg cover image, there is no index or contents page to click through.
Good luck to anyone trying to navigate this and follow along in SharkCad. What a mess.

How hard could it possibly be to put a clickable/searchable index and contents page with working links.
Please re-release as a finished document, preferably pdf before asking for this much money.

Hmm it is a pity because there is some good material in there. Unfortunately, a decision was made not to include the tabbed index that is mentioned in the product description. It is really messy but there is a lot of important material there. So not complete rubbish just poorly executed.

Edited by user Sunday, March 7, 2021 8:31:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: The post desciption no longer fits the post

Junior member since Concepts Unlimited V1 pre-release
thefro  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2021 9:14:19 AM(UTC)
thefro

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
hi

If this is what I think it is try clicking the Default.htm

Brian
bbuxton  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2021 12:55:22 AM(UTC)
bbuxton

Japan

There is no default.htm. There is index.html which just loads a jpeg, no navigation or links to the remaining content.
Yesterday evening I really blew a fuse! mostly because what you get is a zip with numbered HTML files. A few of the HTML files have descriptive names but it is not as described.
Calling it an eBook is stretching credulity. However, there is some good info in there and once you get past the lack of contents and index it is well presented. If I get any time I will try and reauthor it as a pdf.
The video files are not stored locally so internet access is required to view the material.
thefro  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2021 4:01:23 AM(UTC)
thefro

Man
United Kingdom

hi is this what you are looking for, just look at the names as I have changed the look for me
thefro attached the following image(s):
screenshot_524.png (194kb) downloaded 9 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
thanks 1 user thanked thefro for this useful post.
bbuxton on 2/19/2021(UTC)
bbuxton  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2021 5:31:44 AM(UTC)
bbuxton

Japan

Thats interesting I just got the content folder, which contains 109 htm files and a resources folder.
You think it is a Winzip error?
There is home.htm but that just loads a Jpeg cover image.
I will try booting into MacOs where antivirus and the firewall are less unruly.
Thank you.

Oh that works!
Thank you so much!!!

Edited by user Friday, February 19, 2021 5:41:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thefro  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2021 5:46:49 AM(UTC)
thefro

Man
United Kingdom

always nice to help a fellow user