logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
curtk  
#21 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2020 2:45:32 PM(UTC)
curtk

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 17 post(s)
After working more with the software things are not perfect yet with my past issues either . V8 is still stronger when it comes to blending solids . I know they are working on this so hopefully things get better
thanks 1 user thanked curtk for this useful post.
GARLIC on 5/7/2020(UTC)
GARLIC  
#22 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2020 3:15:57 PM(UTC)
GARLIC

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 47 post(s)
Thank you for this feedback, but I think that the hope for future improvements and bug-fixes can certainly not be a rational basis for a well-considered purchase decision.
regards
G.
curtk  
#23 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2020 4:28:01 PM(UTC)
curtk

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I didn't base my purchase on " hope " I based it on example set by the demo . While I've seen improvement there are things that stand out the deeper I get into it .
digitalphaser  
#24 Posted : Saturday, May 23, 2020 7:17:00 AM(UTC)
digitalphaser

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 51 post(s)
I upgraded SharkCAD Pro v10 to v12.

In general, I did not notice an improvement in the stability of the program. The program works as usual. Yes, I noticed some minor oddities. But it was not critical and I had too few time to test all tools.

The new tools are pretty useful, but pretty simple too. They work well with simple surfaces or curves. If you want something a bit more complicated than the examples from Punchcad's video tutorials, then new gray hair is guaranteed. :)

GOOD:

1. The upgrade price is quite reasonable
2. New version includes Power Pack

BAD:

SubD to NURB tool is disappeared :(
I can’t say that I often used this, but it was a very very useful tool for my rapid modeling workflows.

VERY VERY BAD: CONCEPT EXPLORER :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

I tried to resize Concept Explorer. Now it covers the entire work area and it is not possible to reset it.
Now, working with the program is not possible.

I am not upset. Perhaps this is my chance to deal with my innate laziness and at last to start learning another software.
Maybe a rhino will be more obedient than a shark? ;)

Edited by user Saturday, May 23, 2020 7:19:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked digitalphaser for this useful post.
GARLIC on 5/23/2020(UTC), Christian Hallauer on 5/24/2020(UTC), MPSchmied on 6/9/2020(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE  
#25 Posted : Saturday, May 23, 2020 7:26:15 AM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 298 time(s) in 203 post(s)
There is a new release. Drop Todd an email and get a link. The concept explorer nearly made me throw my laptop through the window. It affected any window you resized.
thanks 2 users thanked UGMENTALCASE for this useful post.
GARLIC on 5/23/2020(UTC), Christian Hallauer on 5/24/2020(UTC)
digitalphaser  
#26 Posted : Saturday, May 23, 2020 7:44:28 AM(UTC)
digitalphaser

Man
Germany

Originally Posted by: UGMENTALCASE Go to Quoted Post
There is a new release. Drop Todd an email and get a link. The concept explorer nearly made me throw my laptop through the window. It affected any window you resized.

Yes, I already got a new build and some recommendations like "Factory All". But it did not help. Yes, Shark/VC is not a popular software and the development resource is very limited. Therefore, each new release is worse than the previous one.
thanks 3 users thanked digitalphaser for this useful post.
MPSchmied on 5/23/2020(UTC), GARLIC on 5/23/2020(UTC), Christian Hallauer on 5/24/2020(UTC)
MPSchmied  
#27 Posted : Saturday, May 23, 2020 1:42:48 PM(UTC)
MPSchmied

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 100 post(s)
Use just a old config from your last backup. or make you no full backups of your system or from the config? This is the wrong way. Backups are very important. What make you after a HDD-Crash when you have no Backup? I use Acronis True Image, this is still the best because this need no Windows Volume Shadow Service like all the other Backup-Programs. This negative Feedback of Acronis True Image - i have no idea why they have so much negative Feedback, maybe because they work sometimes with bugs in the same way like Punch!CAD.

Edited by user Saturday, May 23, 2020 1:44:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | RAM: 32 GB | Graphic: AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 | Shark FX 9 Build 1162 | Unit: mm
digitalphaser  
#28 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2020 1:38:20 AM(UTC)
digitalphaser

Man
Germany

Hi,
3 weeks ago I demanded money back. A week ago they told me that very soon everything will be fixed. But it seems to me that there is a significant difference between "fixed" and "money back."

I already have a similar patient in my software collection. This is Xara Designer Pro. This software for many years almost does not develop. Every year are released only minor, poorly working updates. This rests on old loyal users and few newcomers fooled by beautiful marketing images and videos.

It reminds me of a patient in a perennial coma. Actually alive, but practically
dead.

It seems that Shark/VC has chosen the same strategy. The only problem is getting worse and worse.
digitalphaser  
#29 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 4:05:43 AM(UTC)
digitalphaser

Man
Germany

Unfortunately, punchcad simply ignore my requests for a refund. Although the "mooney back guarantee" is on their website. This is pure trick. Oh well. It was the last money they received from me. I won’t buy this shit anymore.

UGMENTALCASE  
#30 Posted : Saturday, June 13, 2020 4:51:02 AM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Uuuuummm this is interesting indeed. I've now, after a week or so, started getting weird behaviour. Subtract solids leaves the solids but also performs a subtract. Crashes are creeping in doing basic stuff. More so when you go back and edit a previous sketch just doesn't like it. This is Shark pro v12 as well. V11 was a complete joke, which I hadn't wasted my money on it.
But like you they didn't care about that
digitalphaser  
#31 Posted : Saturday, June 13, 2020 6:09:14 AM(UTC)
digitalphaser

Man
Germany

Uuuuummm this is interesting indeed. I've now, after a week or so, started getting weird behaviour. Subtract solids leaves the solids but also performs a subtract. Crashes are creeping in doing basic stuff. More so when you go back and edit a previous sketch just doesn't like it. This is Shark pro v12 as well. V11 was a complete joke, which I hadn't wasted my money on it.
But like you they didn't care about that

Yesterday punchcad requested my order number. I hope this ends in a peaceful way.

As for the new version, FIRST INTENSIVE TESTING THEN PURCHASE.
I was bribed by positive reviews here on the forum. Twice a year, I invest in soft- & hardware, so I just bought it.
It was a mistake. My personal copy of SharkCad Pro 12 is extremely unstable and full of bugs. I do not want to describe everything in detail, the program is teeming with oddities. The last straw was the crash after using Assorted Colors tool. Seriously? I realized that I will never use this software, and I just donated 580€. Although I realized this three weeks ago, I was hoping that I was maybe wrong.

I will continue to use 10th version because I have thousands of *.vcp/*.sfx projects stored. But what is happening with Shark now is a shame. DO NOT SELL UNFINISHED PRODUCTS. DO NOT JUST REMOVE OLD TOOLS. DO NOT SPIT ON LOYAL USERS. ETC...........
thanks 2 users thanked digitalphaser for this useful post.
GARLIC on 6/13/2020(UTC), MPSchmied on 6/13/2020(UTC)
MPSchmied  
#32 Posted : Saturday, June 13, 2020 9:44:21 AM(UTC)
MPSchmied

Man
Germany

I guess Posh.de know why they do not waste time for making the german translation. The last translated version is the best version.
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | RAM: 32 GB | Graphic: AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 | Shark FX 9 Build 1162 | Unit: mm
jlm  
#33 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2020 8:34:12 AM(UTC)
jlm

Man
France

Was thanked: 149 time(s) in 94 post(s)
Originally Posted by: posh.de Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: curtk Go to Quoted Post
...having an error message and my solid model shredded into a screwy wire frame after doing a couple undo's .

still the dreaded model corruption by undos... don't try this at home ;-) at least before having several incrementing file revisions by "File > Save as...".

What's done cannot be undone (Macbeth V12).
specktech  
#34 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2021 5:40:39 PM(UTC)
specktech

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Kind of Bummed out. I was really hoping ViaCad was going to work better. I recently purchased ViaCad 2d 3d then I upgraded to the pro version. And bought the power pack with the tips and tricks guide. I really like this software. The way its layed out and its easy to understand. But in testing and using it. It locks up and constantly is throwing the unresponsive errors. It happens so much it is really frustrating. I have tried so many different cad programs and not one of them has this many problems. I also get bummed when I read that these bugs have not been getting fixed. And it seems like the newer versions are worse than the older versions. I really hope that some updates come out soon. I think a lot of us deserve a good working program. I just spent about 700.00 for a struggling program. I have MOI and it works like dream, I have Turbocad and I don't think it ever locked up. I have Alibre atom, no lockups. Cambam no lockups, Blender, no lockups, And ViaCad that locks up on simple mesh drawing's. That are so basic. Sometimes I almost have to re-boot to get past these lockups. I can tell the code is all jumbled up. Please try and fix this program. ViaCad.
Claus  
#35 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2021 11:08:06 PM(UTC)
Claus

Denmark

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 27 post(s)
The chance of getting a stable product from this code is very small. I’m on Sharkcad Pro and have used this line of products since they were Ashlar-Vellum branded. Every new version has it’s hopes and some additions are great but each revision comes with new bugs. Some get fixed. I skipped V11, it never worked, but V 12 is reasonable. Still crashes every 30 minutes but you learn to work with it. My settings are for 5 backup revisions, one every 5 minutes. And have that backup folder open for easy access.

One thing to know is that if you accidentally hit undo while backup is in progress it will autosave once for every time you undo. So if you rapidly undo 10 times and autosave sets in it will do 10 autosaves. And every autosaved version will be broken. Just some of those things you have to live with.

I’m using Fusion360 for when Shark fails an operation but even Fusion has it’s share of bugs. As an example you can’t scale a spline, the function exixts but due to a bug the spline goes crazy. It’s been like that for years, I asked if it was a known bug, they said yes, would it be fixed? No. Because scaling splines are not considered normal workflow. Neither is joining two splines, neither is scaling a circle to create an ellipse. Don’t get me started.

Edited by user Monday, May 17, 2021 11:10:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Claus for this useful post.
GARLIC on 5/18/2021(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE  
#36 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2021 11:56:33 PM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

It's a difficult one. I personally love how the software works. The drawing functions are great and I can get a set of drawings out of it. But my god the bugs. Like you say most bugs you can work with. Remember to save before you do something that previously made it hang or crash. This can happen to any software. I have it in word 2019. A template file which in one section always makes it crash. So I always save before I edit it.

My issue is when bugs appear that weren't there before and they just don't get fixed! It's clear it's not tested to make sure it works properly otherwise the whole resizing on dialog boxes in v12 wouldn't have passed any sort of test. Instead it's thrown out to us at 2 grand a pop and doesn't work out the box.
Then people get upset, then you report stuff and get told "it'll be fixed in the next version" oh great, so I'll deal with this crap, pay more for another release and hope its fixed? No thanks!

Version 11 was, at best, a complete joke. I bought it, it had features advertised that weren't in the release, it crashed all the time completely un usable. Then I just paid more again to get V12! Considering they seem to rely on us testing it for them and seemingly never release something that isn't BETA it's not good practice.
thanks 1 user thanked UGMENTALCASE for this useful post.
GARLIC on 5/18/2021(UTC)
MPSchmied  
#37 Posted : Wednesday, May 19, 2021 4:28:38 AM(UTC)
MPSchmied

Man
Germany

Version 11 was, at best, a complete joke. I bought it
Why? Wasn't it wasted money? I was testing the beta versions and saved the money. Beware, the most of fixed bugs was not in the prev. Version. Only new Bugs get fixed, And old Bugs stay forever.

UGMENTALCASE  
#38 Posted : Wednesday, May 19, 2021 7:17:25 AM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Most things didn't function correctly. Like I say they got the comparison matrix wrong on the website so that was the first major let down. Then constraints (mainly the angle) would flip around and go nuts, crashed literally every few minutes doing things that v10 could easily do. I've put that time behind me now but I remember buying V11 and not even using it. Went back to V10 after a month of trying.
HarryMorris  
#39 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2021 12:24:16 AM(UTC)
HarryMorris

here everyone is sharing such knowledge

——————————————————————————
desigual mantel