logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
17b  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 7, 2020 10:36:43 AM(UTC)
17b

Germany

Hi Folks,
i've got a new Computer and want to move my old registration to the new machine. Is there a way to disable the registration on the old PC so i can move to the new PC without fear of getting this annoying fingerprint error?

Thanks
Stefan
magicart  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2020 12:34:10 AM(UTC)
magicart

Man
Poland

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 39 post(s)
Hello Stefan,
I have Shark Pro and received 6 codes with the license. So I'm able to install software on 6 machines. After I use all codes I have contact with support to get another 6. I'm not sure how it is solved in ViaCad - I heard there is only one license, so in this case You have to contact with support and describe Your situation to get new codes. Unfortunately this topic is the most frustrating thing for me. You cannot deactivate license like in any other software, You cannot get license in cloud like in Rhino or Adobe. You pay a lot (according to Shark Pro) and have to worry if the support give You another codes after You change machine or even reinstal Your system. It's just sad :-(

Magicart

MPSchmied  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2020 9:08:29 AM(UTC)
MPSchmied

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 100 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 17b Go to Quoted Post
Hi Folks,
i've got a new Computer and want to move my old registration to the new machine. Is there a way to disable the registration on the old PC so i can move to the new PC without fear of getting this annoying fingerprint error?

Thanks
Stefan

Install the old Harddrive in the new computer and it should work after installing the drivers. If your old harddrive to slow und you want using your new harddrive, make just a 1:1 copy copy the old harddrive to the new harddrive with Acronis True Image. If you need content from the new computer and are not able to install it on the old harddrive before making the 1:1 copy, then works this method not. The PunchCAD Licence seems to be not hardware related it is just related with the Harddrive and Windows Installation. my Migration to a faster Computer was therefore very easy, Harddrive ( A fast enough SSD) in the new Computer and buying just a new Windows Licence because this is related with the Hardware. Some Programs maybe will no longer work when Hardware changed, but PunchCad and some other software within Microsoft Office works. Only Microsoft office Pro Plus will work after changing the Hardware.
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | RAM: 32 GB | Graphic: AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 | Shark FX 9 Build 1162 | Unit: mm
17b  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2020 12:56:58 PM(UTC)
17b

Germany

Hm, i should have receive an email for a new answer. I havent got one, so i answer pretty late.

A new computer isnt the right description, its the same machine but a new SSD along with a complete new OS installation. So using the old SSD isnt an option. I moved to the new SSD/OS without any problems. Seems that i had a spare installation left...

Regards
Stefan
UGMENTALCASE  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2020 1:53:45 AM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 298 time(s) in 203 post(s)
I remember reading that version 10 (can't remember if it was shark or vc) can be installed as many times as you need but only used once at any one time. Someone might correct me here?
murray  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2020 1:58:30 PM(UTC)
murray

Australia

Was thanked: 104 time(s) in 85 post(s)
SharkCAD Pro licensing is a roving license, multiple installs single use session on one PC, ViaCAD versions are fixed to single computer, I think that you've got to notify and re-register VC/P if you relocate it. I don't know about Shark versions that aren't Pro.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 17, 2020 2:08:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified