logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
david72645  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2020 5:29:56 PM(UTC)
david72645

Hi. I'm a new user. I hope this is an easy question. I'm using v20 for Mac.

I need to present floorpans and elevation views to a builder and contractor. I know how to find floorpans but I can't find how to present an elevation view. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks.
creativecad  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2020 8:33:58 PM(UTC)
creativecad

Man
United States

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 40 post(s)
There are probably multiple ways to do it, but basically, if you use the architectural tools, then click on the "make 3d" button. After your plan is 3d, select the wall you want an elevation of. Type Ctrl+C to copy it. Then go to your title block. Click in the view that you want it in. Hit Ctrl+v to paste it. If it is not viewing the correct side of the wall, click in the top left corner of the view. Then click change view to select the view you want.
ViaCad 10 Pro
ViaCad 9
Windows 10
david72645  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2020 12:35:25 PM(UTC)
david72645

Thanks. I'll try that.
david72645  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2020 4:09:36 PM(UTC)
david72645

I'm not sure what you mean by "title block". Can you please explain more? Thanks.
creativecad  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2020 4:24:28 PM(UTC)
creativecad

Man
United States

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Sure, viaCAD calls the perimeter around your CAD print out page a title block. there are two ways to get a title block.
One is to use the model to sheet tool. You highlight your drawing that you want to put in the title block and then click the model to sheet(MTS) tool.
The other way is to go to concept Explorer and and look under the symbols. There are different title block symbols to choose from there. You will have to custom ADD your own drawing views to these title blocks. There is a tool near the model to sheet tool for adding drawing views.
If you have your own title block, you can add the drawing views to it.
ViaCad 10 Pro
ViaCad 9
Windows 10