logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dgg  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2018 12:59:41 AM(UTC)
dgg

I just downloaded version 11 of ViaCAD 2D3D ... don't upgrade to this version .... Punch!CAD has removed the tool to make a hole in a solid object ... after contacting tech support i was told by them that this feature is only available in thr "PRO" version which costs considerably more.... Digging in their web site i did find a comparison table that says that chamfering, blend, boss etc are also only available in the PRO version although they seem to be in the distribution i received ... I have used and loyally upgraded ViaCAD starting with version 3 ... through version 10 ... and the "Solid Feature" tools (as they are now grouped) have always been a part of ViaCAD 2D3D without the PRO price tag ... I guess they want to squees more money out of us ... well i for one don't feel it worth the extra cost ... so i going to stick with version 10 ...
CNC_Kid  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2018 8:17:26 AM(UTC)
CNC_Kid

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Its a general strategy. Start with a good functional low cost item, and then slowly shift features around and increase the price.

This strategy works as users get familiar with working with the product and don't want to learn something new, thus they stick around paying for it. However, many folks will likely stray away from the product when they see as you did.

I have had VCpro since v8, been buying the upgrades, v9, didnt get v10, just bought v11, but don't have PowerPack.

I would be more willing to pay a higher price up front if the upgrades came with (or at least make that a buying option), this is how you keep customers using the product. With that then comes the upsell/upgrade opportunity to say Shark.

VCpro v11-1417
Win10Pro 32GB
Xeon E3-1270-v3 3.5GHz
Asrock Extreme 9ac
Samsung SSD RAID5
nvidia GTX760